Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-15, 06:31 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by gregerst
That's almost identical to what mine looked like with Down springs. I was surprised that 2.1 degree camber was till in spec. The amount of rear tire camber is pretty visible when looking at it from the front or rear.
My thoughts as well on the rear. Some people may not be comfortable with -2 camber. I'm fine with it, as long the toe is at or close to 0. It will actually help when I get bigger wheels.
Old 12-10-15, 06:53 AM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup one benefit of that much camber is 20mm bolt-on spacers will fit. With camber corrected you'd be looking at maybe 10mm with extended studs to get the same look. I actually like it with -1 camber same as the front and it looks flush enough for me. Better than OEM but not too aggressive with poke.
Old 03-10-16, 04:25 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Been researching springs for a 2015 IS350 F-sport since joining this forum. I almost pressed the buy button on some Tanabe NF210 because I like its overall stance and good reviews. The OP mentioned its his wifes car which drew me to reading more about Swifts springs. My wife pick this car and she occasionally drives aggressive but she mentioned it could be lower. After reading nearly all 8 pages I'm convinced I will probably go with theses springs.
Old 03-11-16, 01:18 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportme
Been researching springs for a 2015 IS350 F-sport since joining this forum. I almost pressed the buy button on some Tanabe NF210 because I like its overall stance and good reviews. The OP mentioned its his wifes car which drew me to reading more about Swifts springs. My wife pick this car and she occasionally drives aggressive but she mentioned it could be lower. After reading nearly all 8 pages I'm convinced I will probably go with theses springs.
Let me know! Since you're in socal, we can meet up to save you on shipping costs. PM me your number and we can get this done ASAP :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-12-16, 09:00 AM
sklzwpillz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Think I've decided that I'm going to get the Swift Springs. I have stock F-Sport wheels and was curious whether or not I need 20mm spacers for the rear? A friend who has his F-Sport lowered on RSR Super downs suggested I do so. Thanks in advance!

Paul
Old 05-12-16, 09:06 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by sklzwpillz
Hey guys,

Think I've decided that I'm going to get the Swift Springs. I have stock F-Sport wheels and was curious whether or not I need 20mm spacers for the rear? A friend who has his F-Sport lowered on RSR Super downs suggested I do so. Thanks in advance!

Paul
You don't need spacers at all with any springs available for IS.
Old 05-12-16, 10:52 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by sklzwpillz
Hey guys,

Paul
Only if you want a more aggressive wheel setup, but its not NEEDED.

Let me know if we can help you getting those springs!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-06-16, 08:29 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have these Swift springs for some months now but have yet to install them. My intent is to use the stock avs struts with the springs. Has anyone experience any long term issues in either tire wear, strut or suspension problems?
Old 08-06-16, 09:56 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportme
I have these Swift springs for some months now but have yet to install them. My intent is to use the stock avs struts with the springs. Has anyone experience any long term issues in either tire wear, strut or suspension problems?
I've only had mine on for a week with non-avs struts, but hopefully my insight is of some assistance. Definitely get an alignment a week or so following the installation, there isn't much you can do about camber unless you have camber arms so your tires will wear a bit faster. The bigger issue is correcting any toe that may have occured. I've yet to have any suspension problems; if anything, my car seems happier on Swift springs as opposed to the OEM as there's less creaking. Your struts may wear out a little faster, but it shouldn't be too bad as it is a mild drop. As an example, if your struts blow at 60,000 miles on stock, they might blow at 57,500 instead.
Old 08-09-16, 01:25 PM
kbarbaro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed Swifts on my 14' F-Sport...Should I have replaced the struts along with it?
Old 08-09-16, 05:35 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I've had my RSR downs for a year now on my 15 awd with no problems at all. You'll be fine
Old 08-12-16, 02:15 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,582 Posts

I want to clear up some confusion with camber this Lexus forum seems to be having.

With a mild drop, you don't need camber kits. This seems to be very very VERY common in the Japanese tuning community for people going w/ mild drops. Hell, your alignment is very likely not even going to change, including toe. Even Lexus states this in their F Sport springs manual. (Car does not require an alignment after F Sport spring install Lexus says) 1" is not enough. (Although if you're **** or have expensive tires, it's probably a good idea to spend the money anyway) you could've tweaked a control arm or control link when you retorqued it.

So to recap

Negative camber alone doesn't cause excess inner wear.

Camber PLUS toe causes excess inner wear.

(Of course, suspension and air pressures being healthy)

No need to blow money on SPC this and that because you dropped your car 1 inch.

Drop your car, have your toe dialed back to 0 or close to 0 as possible, or slight toe in for increased stability at high speed and you'll be fine.

In fact I WANT more negative camber. For performance purposes, the stock Lexus alignment sucks. I'm going to look at how I can dial in more negative on my front when I get around to lowering my car 1". -1.5-2 degrees sounds good all the way around.

I drove my last car a modified BMW 3 series with 2 degrees negative all the way around (front strut pins knocked out and strut tops pushed in and locked) and even some slight toe in, and no abnormal wear. Replaced my summer rubber every 20k miles.

With a RWD car w/ staggered summer tires, your tires aren't going to last very long anyway. Tires will always be a part of the performance car equation any way you slice it
Old 08-12-16, 02:22 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 827 Likes on 404 Posts

Having installed RSR Downs recently, I also confirm that camber is not affected that much and camber kit isn't required. Currently sitting at -1 front and -2 rear after the springs.

Rear toe does get quite affected though so I strongly suggest getting an alignment 1-2 weeks after. I was at like 0.5 toe on each sides in the rear after installing the springs, front was fine.
Old 09-06-16, 12:32 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It's been about a month, so I'll write up a short review.

The springs work as advertised on the 200t even though it's not explicitly stated. It is a little rough over very uneven pavement, but on smooth roads, I find it rides better than stock. The only concern I have is that my suspension creaks when I go over speed bumps so I'm not sure if a bolt is loose/overtightened or if my suspension is dying (unlikely considering the car is new and it's only been a month).

Old 09-09-16, 11:40 AM
JGreenwood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love Swift springs. Have now had 2 sets on cars (370z and GT-R) and have had zero issues with them. In both cases cars drove as good or better than stock. As for the sounds, that is typically normal. The only other thing you can try to do minimize it is to adjust the rubber sleeve on the springs to keep them from rubbing when compressed.

Quick Reply: SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport