Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-15, 05:00 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is the drop on these less than the RSR Half Downs?
Old 07-29-15, 05:06 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
I believe its slightly lower then the half downs
Old 07-29-15, 05:11 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Swift vs. F Sport lowering springs...

For anyone who may be considering F Sport PTR07-53140 springs as opposed to the Swift 4T912 Sport springs as described in this thread, and want a noticeable drop, you may want to read my post (#68) in the link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...springs-5.html
Old 07-29-15, 05:17 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Swift states 1.1" F/R for the 4T912, RSR shows the following for the T195HD Half Downs:

Front -20mm to -25mm (-0.8inch to -1.0inch)
Rear -10mm to -15mm (-0.4inch to -0.6inch)
Old 07-31-15, 11:15 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

My Swift's are on the way! Thanks ModInJapan!
Old 07-31-15, 04:48 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Default Decided on the Swifts....

After a ton of research on F Sport, Swift, RS-R Half Downs, etc; I have decided to use the Swifts on my wife's car, along with the SPC Adjustable Camber Arms. These arms are QUALITY.... made in the USA, and a bargain relatively speaking.

By my calculations the rear camber would be sub 2.0 negative and I despise irregular tire wear, so the camber arms should cure any of that.

I will keep everyone updated.
Attached Thumbnails SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport-image.jpg  
Old 07-31-15, 04:50 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Meant to include a pic of the arms...
Old 08-01-15, 06:14 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Default Swifts/Camber arms done....

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Looks just like my car.

The Springs do handle very well and honestly, the springs drop looks perfect in real life! Happy Modding!!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Josh, as you state, the drop is near perfect in person, the pictures do not do it justice. Car is filthy but I wanted to get a pic of it. Took some before/after pics but I am having trouble uploading multiple pics from my iPad, and that is all I have with me right now.

As information, the rear camber was 2.4*L/2.3*R negative after installation. Too much for my taste. Set it up to 1.4* negative with the adjustable camber arms.

Car drives perfect. I drive my F hard, my wife drives this car pretty aggressively at times too. As soon as I pulled it off the alignment rack I drove it on one of my favorite long sweepers.... 95 MPH and the car handled impeccably.

As the original OP Albert states, car rides incredibly. You would be hard pressed to differentiate between a stocker and one lowered with these Swift springs.

On the stock 18's the measurements to the center of the wheel wells with stock springs were 26.5"(F), 26.25" (R). After installation of the Swifts the measurements were 25.75 and 25.5, F/R respectively, for a net drop of .750-3/4". I am assuming they may settle a tad after a few hundred miles.
Old 08-01-15, 06:17 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cp2
I'm leaning towards these springs now. a review has been posted about the f sport springs and the member stated that the drop was not noticeable (although they're reserving a true eval upon settling). but if the swift springs look like those pics above after install, that's a noticeable drop from jump and will probs lower another .5" or so. damn near perfect to me.
I know you have been agonizing over a spring manufacturer. Between the Swifts, F Sports, RS-R Half Downs, Tanabe, Tein, etc; this was the best choice for this car, and our purpose. No regrets.
Old 08-01-15, 06:23 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Again thank you for the update. I can't wait to slap mine on!!!

How much were the camber arms btw? Please post higher quality pics when you get a chance!

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Josh, as you state, the drop is near perfect in person, the pictures do not do it justice. Car is filthy but I wanted to get a pic of it. Took some before/after pics but I am having trouble uploading multiple pics from my iPad, and that is all I have with me right now.

As information, the rear camber was 2.4*L/2.3*R negative after installation. Too much for my taste. Set it up to 1.4* negative with the adjustable camber arms.

Car drives perfect. I drive my F hard, my wife drives this car pretty aggressively at times too. As soon as I pulled it off the alignment rack I drove it on one of my favorite long sweepers.... 95 MPH and the car handled impeccably.

As the original OP Albert states, car rides incredibly. You would be hard pressed to differentiate between a stocker and one lowered with these Swift springs.

On the stock 18's the measurements to the center of the wheel wells with stock springs were 26.5"(F), 26.25" (R). After installation of the Swifts the measurements were 25.75 and 25.5, F/R respectively, for a net drop of .750-3/4". I am assuming they may settle a tad after a few hundred miles.
Old 08-01-15, 08:02 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
Again thank you for the update. I can't wait to slap mine on!!!

How much were the camber arms btw? Please post higher quality pics when you get a chance!
Sent you a PM
Old 08-01-15, 08:13 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Sent you a PM
Thanks! I definitely need to consider these after your findings of the camber after the drop.
Old 08-01-15, 08:35 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's the front camber now? -1.3?
Old 08-01-15, 10:49 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
How's the front camber now? -1.3?
Amazingly enough, near stock... -.8 -.9! I did have to bring the toe in.

Last edited by SoCalISF; 08-01-15 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-02-15, 07:59 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazingly enough, near stock... -.8 -.9! I did have to bring the toe in.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: SwiftSprings for 15 IS350 f-sport