Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Goods Are Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 07:11 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goods Are Installed!!

As promised, I am posting my first update on the install of my L-tuned shocks, springs, steering ECU, and TRD sway bars front and rear (blue). I have had limited opportunity to test the car because I only picked it up last night and my daughter was with me (didn't want to push hard with her in the car). On my way to the office this morning the opportunities were limited (traffic, route, etc.). My first observations are as follows: the ride is different, not as floaty (feels like some luxury has disappeared). The car definitely feels more secure and tight and handling is much more precise. I did notice the steering difference more so on the highway (not as much around town). Being more on the conservative side, I was really worried about how much harsher the ride would be and how much more I would feel the road undulations. It might be in my head and I am probably trying to overanalyze every component but I really can't report fully on how much more I like the car the way it is now. I will drive it more the next few days and probably have a much better idea on what to report. I very much agree with many of the posts that suggest that the outcome is very personal as far as what we like and what we dislike about performance, handling, luxury, etc. We all hope that any modifications we make will bring us closer to our "ultimate car". I really look forward to driving more so that I can answer more of some of my own questions.

P.S. Aesthetically the car certainly looks much better lowered (this really never was one of my big issues when considering the mod).
Old 03-20-03, 08:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Congratulations!!!

Now we have to organize a meet in the Summer - take a look at this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=73476 and please post your info and meet location preferences.
Old 03-21-03, 06:56 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick follow up. I had an opportunity to drive the car more and I am very pleased with the results. The handling factor that I was looking for is definitely there. I feel so much more confident in the car now under harder driving conditions and it is much more enjoyable.
Old 03-21-03, 07:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

In retrospect, when I think about how much time I spent asking questions on what needed to be done to improve the handling of the car - it now seems like a no brainer when I read your thread!

No matter what mood I am in, as soon as I shove down that gas pedal, or go around corners I get a smile from to ear to ear!!
Old 03-21-03, 08:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
In retrospect, when I think about how much time I spent asking questions on what needed to be done to improve the handling of the car - it now seems like a no brainer when I read your thread!

No matter what mood I am in, as soon as I shove down that gas pedal, or go around corners I get a smile from to ear to ear!!
Yeah baby, YEAH!