Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ISF BBK Option

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 05:35 PM
NVRLFT
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ISF BBK Option

so i was looking at factory rotor options around to see what the largest front rotor i could find with out breaking the bank. i found that the ISF rotor is one of the largest you can get with out swapping for a 2pc rotor, with a overall diameter of 14.2" vs the 11.6 stock rotors that we have. I"m contemplating picking up one and taking some measurements and prototyping some caliper brackets to use 4 or 6 piston wilwoods that are radial mount. just curious if anyone has tried this or would be interested in the outcome. the only thing i can see that might be a problem off the dimensions is that the ISF rotor has an overall height about 10mm more than the gs so with it on the hub it would sit that much closer to the Knuckle.
Old 03-29-15, 06:40 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

1. I was originally planning on running ISF rotors and CTS-V calipers.
2. I would be very very interested in radial mount mount brackets as I am planning on mounting the CTS-V that way.
3. ISF rotors fit the spindle without interference. I bought a single rotor and a spare spindle to confirm caliper fitment.
4. It sucks that our balljoint is on the same side as the caliper, it gets in the way. On the 1st gen SC, brackets exist to run Z06 calipers with ISF rotors. We have to run radial mount with big calipers or else the balljoint will get in the way. And no, an RCA spacer will not save you when you want to use a big six piston caliper.
5. RCF rotors are another option and probably better for my calipers (15" rotors). I am waiting for cheap ones to hit rockauto and I'll probably buy one.

But seriously, if you look into brackets, I am interested. It's the last piece of the puzzle for me. PM your number maybe? I want brackets.

Last edited by tiger4life; 03-29-15 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 07:31 PM
NVRLFT
Rookie

its going to be next weekend before I can start on this but i will definitely keep you updated
Old 04-05-15, 09:00 AM
NVRLFT
Rookie

well the 6 pot aero wilwoods are on special order looks like might be a few weeks before i can put the start of this bracket together
Old 04-05-15, 10:05 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by NVRLFT
well the 6 pot aero wilwoods are on special order looks like might be a few weeks before i can put the start of this bracket together
i have the 4pot Wilwoods and there pretty nice... Mine came with brackets and everything included in the kit... The company i bought them from also can get the 6pots and they come with brackets as well...
Old 04-05-15, 01:31 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys do know there are brackets available to fit the '12+ SRT8 6 piston calipers/ISF rotors available, right? Granted, they're originally for Supras, but since we can swap over Supra brakes with no hassle I doubt there'd be too much extra work.
Old 04-08-15, 05:14 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
You guys do know there are brackets available to fit the '12+ SRT8 6 piston calipers/ISF rotors available, right? Granted, they're originally for Supras, but since we can swap over Supra brakes with no hassle I doubt there'd be too much extra work.
Supras are like the SC300, the steering is on the opposite side of the caliper. On the GS, the steering attaches to the balljoint on the same side as the caliper and so that gets in the way. It makes it hard to use normal brackets because they will run into the balljoint if you're using a big 6 piston caliper. Radial mount brackets work better. I had bought a set of SC300 conversion brackets and they don't work with the GS (balljoint in the way). Are the brackets you're talking about radial mount?
Old 04-08-15, 10:56 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good point you made. Going by what you said, they were being marketed for the Supra but included the 2GS so I'd assume that they're not. However, I'll see if I can find the link and post it up when I do. If I'm correct, there's also a group on facebook created by the same guy who makes the calipers as he makes brackets for a variety of different cars. Worst case, he may be able to create some that are actually applicable to us. Give me a hot second.

* I couldn't find the brackets on ebay, it looks like they've decided to sell everything from their facebook group. But, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Brem...8.Conversions/ (it's a closed group so you have to join)

Last edited by NorthStyle; 04-08-15 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-08-15, 03:41 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

posting to remind myself to check this again later
Old 04-08-15, 08:09 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
That's a good point you made. Going by what you said, they were being marketed for the Supra but included the 2GS so I'd assume that they're not. However, I'll see if I can find the link and post it up when I do. If I'm correct, there's also a group on facebook created by the same guy who makes the calipers as he makes brackets for a variety of different cars. Worst case, he may be able to create some that are actually applicable to us. Give me a hot second.

* I couldn't find the brackets on ebay, it looks like they've decided to sell everything from their facebook group. But, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Brem...8.Conversions/ (it's a closed group so you have to join)
I don't have a facebook, see if you can join the group. I think this might be a case where someone told this guy that supra brakes work on the 2gs so he assumed his brackets work.

You can get away with supra brackets if they are radial mount. I believe Jeff Tsai put 2is Fsport calipers on his 2gs using stoptech supra brackets since the calipers are just re-branded stoptech ST-60.

Last edited by tiger4life; 04-08-15 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-16-15, 06:55 PM
marshun
Advanced

just wanted to update anyone thats interested.

adapter plates
front 200
rear 150

both as a set for 325

thats just the plates. im told the sc, ls, gs, mkiv use the same mount

im going in. im gonna collect the parts throughout this year.
Old 05-06-15, 06:09 PM
NVRLFT
Rookie

just got the update that the calipers will be here Sat.
Old 05-07-15, 02:29 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Im in for information on this topic
Old 05-11-15, 08:05 AM
NVRLFT
Rookie

well calipers and pads are here, going to pick up my spare knuckles and start working on the cad drawing

Old 05-11-15, 01:59 PM
marshun
Advanced

looks good!

Quick Reply: ISF BBK Option