Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TT rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 12:47 PM
Robgrob
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TT rotors

First off, YES I searched. And I found a lot of different info on TT brake upgrades. Most claim they are bolt on. Others claim the stock TT rotors is not a perfect fit, that the bolt size is different, and they wont center on the hub. When searching, it seems most just use std rotors.

Could someone confirm fitment of stock TT rotors on the SC400?
Old 03-25-15, 12:55 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to do the TT caliper and TT rotor combo in order for it to be a direct swap.

You can't run stock SC calipers with TT rotors
Old 03-25-15, 01:51 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

wrong section, you missed the stickies and this thread. I am moving it to the suspension sub-forum
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...tt-brakes.html

stock calipers are bolt on when used with stock rotors.
TT front and rear calipers are bolt on when used with their TT rotors.
LS400 front calipers are bolt on when used with LS400 rotors. (2 bolts you need to get shorter bolts or use washers).

none of the above will bolt on when you mix and match calipers and rotors.
for example, while you can fit TT rotors on your sc400 easily, you cannot use TT rotors with your stock calipers, they will not fit.
you should also not use TT calipers with your stock rotors, as they will be too small.

so in summary.
All 3 rotors will fit on the sc300/400... Stock size, tt supra size, and ls400 (fronts)
AND most importantly caliper must match the rotor you are using.

also note that sc300 and 400 have different size rotors in the rear from factory. it doesn't matter that much but the sc400 rear calipers are slightly larger in diameter.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-25-15 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-28-15, 12:18 PM
Robgrob
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the good info! I have a pair of TT calipers, so Im going to buy some rotors and pads from TT and hopefully improve my braking power
Old 03-28-15, 02:22 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

^^ Everything Ali SC3 has said, OP.

It's an excellent improvement in braking performance (combined with good tires). Only a couple of things to add:

Consider installing a set of braided stainless steel brake lines (Goodridge, etc.) when you perform this swap. Take care when removing the old lines so that you don't strip the nuts and pay attention to the Toyota FSM recommendations for proper pad bedding when they first go in-- some mechanics may suggest you don't need to do a bedding procedure for TT pads, which is not true. Not a big deal, but should be done when you first drive on them for the best experience possible.

You will notice some very minor pedal play with TT calipers/rotors after getting all the air out of the hydraulic system. Not excessive, just a small bit. This is normal when having only converted the front calipers.

Good luck and enjoy the superior braking power!
Old 03-29-15, 12:20 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

if you need rotors i got some cheap ones. they were recently machined but have surface rust on them from sitting in my garage. front ones PM if you'd like.