Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

cx racing coilovers looove them

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-15, 05:20 PM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
Yeah, I think you would shred your subframe before doing damage to the oil pan.
And im 100% fine with bangin frame!
Old 03-10-15, 07:30 PM
crenfro
Driver

Nice, probably going to pick some of these up soon they look pretty good for the price!

What kit is that btw?
Old 03-10-15, 09:04 PM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by crenfro
Nice, probably going to pick some of these up soon they look pretty good for the price!

What kit is that btw?
I reccomend them. And ive seen them on vw forums, 350z forums and people reccomend them as well. I wanted pbm's but im on a budget and car is only a daily not a drift car. But id say get the high spring rate. I think i got the lower one and its slightly bouncy. But still nice!

And what do you mean kit sir?
Old 03-10-15, 11:16 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Yeah, I think you would shred your subframe before doing damage to the oil pan.
Upon further thought, the transmission pan could be something to watch out for. It's much less protected than the oil pan. Maybe that's what other people were thinking of?
Old 03-11-15, 08:27 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Upon further thought, the transmission pan could be something to watch out for. It's much less protected than the oil pan. Maybe that's what other people were thinking of?
This is true!..one more reason to go lower and detonate the auto and go w58
Old 03-11-15, 08:28 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackmeen
This is true!..one more reason to go lower and detonate the auto and go w58
Planned obsolescence.
Old 03-11-15, 10:20 AM
crenfro
Driver

I reccomend them. And ive seen them on vw forums, 350z forums and people reccomend them as well. I wanted pbm's but im on a budget and car is only a daily not a drift car. But id say get the high spring rate. I think i got the lower one and its slightly bouncy. But still nice!

And what do you mean kit sir?
Is that just stock 97+ body? I was confused and didn't look to closely haha just noticed different colors and assumed it was a kit.
Old 03-11-15, 10:52 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by crenfro
Is that just stock 97+ body? I was confused and didn't look to closely haha just noticed different colors and assumed it was a kit.
Yup just a 97 kit on my 93. It was off a black car at the junkyard. Love it tho. Wanna get the lower duraflex one i think it is..dunno
Old 03-11-15, 10:54 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Planned obsolescence.
Like a bawz!
Old 03-11-15, 07:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i was wondering about these and how good they are.. looks like they drop like the LP's and BC's...
Old 03-11-15, 09:32 PM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
i was wondering about these and how good they are.. looks like they drop like the LP's and BC's...
From everythingive researched they i guess are re branded bc's. I wish i got the "drift spring rate" but over all i like them alot. Ive owned expensive and bags and all that jazz and i was nervous at first for these. But they are nice.
Old 03-12-15, 09:03 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy has these on his sc and I've ridden his car and they are actually pretty smooth. Sooooo I will be buying them from him in the summer time since he just bought a Subbie

His car is the light purple silver moon mist sc next to mine
Old 03-12-15, 11:07 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

the 1uz motor is actually very light and weighs similar if not a little less than the 2jz-ge cause the GE has a cast iron bottom end (seriously heavy and indestructible) and the 1uz is a mostly aluminum bottom end (with sleeved cylinder walls).

those mk4 supra coils though are probably designed for a mk4 turbo, which comes with a 2jzgte with turbo's and everything that the GE does not have, and actually would weigh about 150lbs more than a 1uz when all is said and done, so unless you strap a couple of turbo's to that v8 you are actually lighter on those coils than the sc3's (unless its gte swapped).

For the 4.7L 2uz, toyota went back to a cast iron bottom end for long term reliability, and man those things are seriously heavy, which is why they are usually in the truck/suv lineup.
Old 03-12-15, 04:10 PM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
the 1uz motor is actually very light and weighs similar if not a little less than the 2jz-ge cause the GE has a cast iron bottom end (seriously heavy and indestructible) and the 1uz is a mostly aluminum bottom end (with sleeved cylinder walls).

those mk4 supra coils though are probably designed for a mk4 turbo, which comes with a 2jzgte with turbo's and everything that the GE does not have, and actually would weigh about 150lbs more than a 1uz when all is said and done, so unless you strap a couple of turbo's to that v8 you are actually lighter on those coils than the sc3's (unless its gte swapped).

For the 4.7L 2uz, toyota went back to a cast iron bottom end for long term reliability, and man those things are seriously heavy, which is why they are usually in the truck/suv lineup.
Gawt dayumn! Lol im sure as hell glad people on here know this mich! Love it! Ali, you are awesome! Thanks for that info soaking it up!
Old 03-12-15, 04:41 PM
scblackout
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From everythingive researched they i guess are re branded bc's. I wish i got the "drift spring rate" but over all i like them alot. Ive owned expensive and bags and all that jazz and i was nervous at first for these. But they are nice.
I've got the supra bc package and once I had them setup properly I was able to dial down the damper to a comfortable level. Even being rather cheap compared to race setups, I have to admit they are pretty decent. I have noticed that after a long day of hard cornering that they do loosen up a bit to where I notice slight rubbing in corners where they didn't do that earlier in the run.

I'm also considering increasing the spring rate to get rid of that last bit of body roll.

There is a great thread here about re-valving them and I think I'm going to try it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ein-parts.html

btw, running that low, be careful on angled driveway entrances. I got high centered twice and without an lsd had to physically get out and push the car back off the hump. Needless to say, I got them properly adjusted after that, no more running that low for me. Much more track oriented mindset now.

Quick Reply: cx racing coilovers looove them