Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Even spring drop for AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-15, 02:32 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Even spring drop for AWD?

Its around that time for me to replace my stock shocks as I'm currently at 82k miles. I was able to find a fairly new set (barely used) of f-sport shocks. Before anyone suggest that I just get coilovers I just want to mention that I'm over the whole riding low scene and I just want something that last long and of good quality. The reason I'm opting on getting the fsport shocks is because they are cheaper than the regular ones and I wouldn't mind changing out the springs for a stiffer and slightly lower look.

That being said, I have had both springs and coils before. My question is are there any new springs or newer ones that came out (I've been out of the scene for awhile now) that offers an even drop for the AWD. I know that previously springs for the AWD model lowers the rear more than the front due to the set up of the AWD drivetrain. I've tried using the search option but couldn't find much information or pictures, maybe I'm not typing in the right key words. If anyone has any good information that like to share I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-13-15, 10:59 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can't ride "low" on an AWD....unless you wanna go through set of cv axles per week/month

f-sports are nice i'm using them but i find they're slightly soft (for comfort) for my likings, with my road magets (11k front, 9k rear)

if you want a more even drop on the AWD, probably the STechs are your best bet, advertised to be 1.7" front, 1.0" rear

the springs are not lowering the rear more..it's the way the car (and many cars) are designed (reverse rake)...all if not most springs have more drop in the front (for the 2IS), but the rear only look lower because it already is from factory
Old 02-13-15, 12:35 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Im not trying to ride "low".

And yes i know the springs are not lowering the rear more and i will state my question again.

Is there any springs that will give an even drop right than having the front look more even to the rear.
Old 02-13-15, 01:54 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want an even drop, go with the H&R's
Old 02-13-15, 04:30 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
you can't ride "low" on an AWD....unless you wanna go through set of cv axles per week/month

f-sports are nice i'm using them but i find they're slightly soft (for comfort) for my likings, with my road magets (11k front, 9k rear)

if you want a more even drop on the AWD, probably the STechs are your best bet, advertised to be 1.7" front, 1.0" rear

the springs are not lowering the rear more..it's the way the car (and many cars) are designed (reverse rake)...all if not most springs have more drop in the front (for the 2IS), but the rear only look lower because it already is from factory
........read?
Old 02-14-15, 04:50 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Originally Posted by nitrotang
If you want an even drop, go with the H&R's
Which type of h&r springs? I have had tein before and they are uneven