Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

carnoob What brand coil overs? PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-15, 09:05 PM
carNOOB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carnoob What brand coil overs? PLEASE HELP!

Hello fellow 2is OWNERS. i am new to this club and i've had the is350 awd for about awhile now. its been irritating me the entire time i've owned this vehicle because it sits so high. after speaking with a few friends for their opinion i've finally decided to just go with coils rather than the f sport springs. unless of course you have a good reason to go f sport springs. so can any of you suggest any good brands that are of a decent/reasonable price? also this is my everyday car so i'm looking for a more comfortable ride.

btw i actually dont know much about cars in general. just letting you all know that before hand. im not looking to slam. i want that clean and simple look with a nice set of wheels(18s/19s) to put on afterwards.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Old 02-12-15, 03:16 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll recommend 2 brands for you that most members here are using. 1) Megan Racing EZ and 2) BC Racing.
The very first set I had was the Megan LP which is essentially the same as the EZ, just with more adjustment settings. The spring rates are 10k/8k which are very comfortable and are ideal for what you are looking for in an aftermarket suspension set-up. They retail for anywhere from $500-650 I believe. The second is BC Racing. These run for around $1,000 but have the option of custom spring rates if you want a firmer ride. The standard rates are the same as the Megan's at 10k/8k. After owning both the Megan LP and BCR, I would recommend the BC because of the slightly higher build quality and customer service (Megan customer service sucks). Either way, you can't go wrong with either set up! Also try looking in the classified section because sometimes you can find really great deals on used coilovers.

Hope this helps...
Old 02-12-15, 02:07 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

What would be your suspension budget?

Just a heads-up, MANY AWD owners that end up lowering their cars end up having issues with their CV boots (rips/tears/etc).
Old 02-15-15, 07:30 AM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
What would be your suspension budget?

Just a heads-up, MANY AWD owners that end up lowering their cars end up having issues with their CV boots (rips/tears/etc).
Good luck lowering the AWD car.
Old 02-15-15, 11:42 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm lowering my AWD is250 (the same suspension) this spring... parts already here/on order.

Unfortunately its not a simple explanation when it comes to potential problems when lowering an AWD 2is. Some guys (on CL even) are slammed to the ground and experience no issues while guys at stock height experience vibrations and wobbles! In other words, there is really no pattern when it comes to AWD problems. Some people never ever have it and they are lowered an insane amount, while some experience problems after an inch of a drop. Certain precautions can be taken to avoid issues - e.x. proper installation (I'll be doing my own) - tighten those bolts! , lowering to a point of measure of 25" from fender to ground (so about 2.25" from the stock height) , etc.
But as I said above, theres no guarantee that you will or won't experience issues.

I seriously encourage you to get in contact with FIGS engineering (a vendor here on CL). Mike is literally a suspension expert when it comes to our cars, and he is the most professional when it comes to needing questions answered.
I went through him for all my questions and concerns regarding spring rates for my BC coilovers, Potential camber and toe issues (ask him if you're not sure) and just plain questions out of curiosity.
He will definitely be able to guide you in the right direction! I probably asked him hundreds of questions, but he was eager to help.

Contact info on the site: http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...mation/contact
Tell him you're from the clublexus forums.

Good luck!
Old 03-09-15, 05:38 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

fortune auto 500 hands down.