Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Second most mild drop besides half downs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-15, 06:01 AM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

How was the ride with the NF210s? Did you encounter any bottoming out?

What made you swap?
Old 02-03-15, 01:40 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by criticalgt
How was the ride with the NF210s? Did you encounter any bottoming out?

What made you swap?
The NF210's seemed really soft, so the front tire air deflectors would scrape very easily. Also scraped the front bumper easily. The car sat pretty low.
Old 02-18-15, 08:31 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished installing Tanabe NF210s and 19" Vossen VFS2 on my 350 RWD. Just wanted to show anyone who is considering this setup what the initial drop front and rear looks like. The weather has been pretty ****ty here so I've only been driving my GS but I'm sure after i log some miles on the IS the springs will settle a bit and i will be sure to post the cars updated stance
Attached Thumbnails Second most mild drop besides half downs?-image1.jpg   Second most mild drop besides half downs?-image2.jpg  
Old 02-18-15, 08:35 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Flipped Pics
Attached Thumbnails Second most mild drop besides half downs?-image1-1.jpg   Second most mild drop besides half downs?-image2-1.jpg  
Old 02-25-15, 12:04 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Post some more pictures and let us know what the ride is like...any bottoming out issues?
Old 02-25-15, 05:32 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by criticalgt
Post some more pictures and let us know what the ride is like...any bottoming out issues?
For sure ill take some more pics and no bottoming out issues at all. I took it out of the garage today to keep the battery healthy and basically tried to create rubbing and/or bottoming out issues and i couldn't get either to happen The car rides great with this setup but i can't figure out if this is because of the Tanabe springs or the CONTI DWS tires
Old 02-25-15, 06:13 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

More Pics......
Attached Thumbnails Second most mild drop besides half downs?-dsc_8269.jpg   Second most mild drop besides half downs?-dsc_8277.jpg   Second most mild drop besides half downs?-dsc_8281.jpg  
Old 02-27-15, 10:12 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CLUM
RSR says they are a 1" drop. I would say they are in the ballpark of 3/4" to 1" drop. It's a super mild drop! here's an outdoor pic with the Half Downs:

Untitled by Chris Lum S2K, on Flickr
Chris is your car the one in the Redlands/Highland area? Ever since I lowered my F my wife has been trying to convince me to lower her '14 IS. There are a few lowered ones around the area, one white and a couple grey.
Old 02-28-15, 04:02 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Chris is your car the one in the Redlands/Highland area? Ever since I lowered my F my wife has been trying to convince me to lower her '14 IS. There are a few lowered ones around the area, one white and a couple grey.
Sorry not me, i'm in the Irvine area.
Old 02-28-15, 08:07 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLUM
Sorry not me, i'm in the Irvine area.
Sits perfect with those Half Downs. There is one running around here that has 17's and has a mild drop, thought it might be you. How is the ride with those springs?
Old 02-28-15, 08:26 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Sits perfect with those Half Downs. There is one running around here that has 17's and has a mild drop, thought it might be you. How is the ride with those springs?
Thanks! the plan is to put 19" RC-F Sport wheels on it, so i hope it still looks OK and not too high.

the ride is pretty good. I don't recall stock ride so much since i only had around 100 miles on it before the springs went on, but it rides great and handles great. I have zero complaints.
Old 03-25-15, 10:27 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Just wanted to update everyone that for the past few weeks I've been trying to find the perfect spring setup after realizing the NF210 front springs are indeed too soft like others have shared. I switched the NF210s For RSR downs but I couldn't get over the fact that they accentuate the negative rake (rear lower than front). So a few days ago I decided to swap the NF210 rears in with RSR down fronts....All I will say is if you can justify spending Money on two sets of springs this is without a doubt the best setup.
Old 03-26-15, 11:53 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Swift Springs all the way!
Old 04-10-15, 05:20 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
Just wanted to update everyone that for the past few weeks I've been trying to find the perfect spring setup after realizing the NF210 front springs are indeed too soft like others have shared. I switched the NF210s For RSR downs but I couldn't get over the fact that they accentuate the negative rake (rear lower than front). So a few days ago I decided to swap the NF210 rears in with RSR down fronts....All I will say is if you can justify spending Money on two sets of springs this is without a doubt the best setup.
Any pics? Sounds like a good setup. Maybe rsr downs/half downs would look similar
Old 04-13-15, 08:21 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Swift Springs all the way!
I love the quality of the Swifts on my F, but are they currently available for the 3G IS?

Quick Reply: Second most mild drop besides half downs?