Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Noob advice for springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-15, 06:36 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob advice for springs

hello all!

The only car I had springs on was a 2009 370z and they were swifts (very reputable JDM brand). Car was low, sexy and sporty but I was in absolute paranoia daily driving the car and scraped underneath a few times a month even when being careful. I told myself I would NEVER lower a daily driver again, no matter what. Even if it was only a mild drop.

But, Ive been toying with the idea again of dropping this F sport. The only springs I would consider are RSR half downs, and maybe H techs and RSR downs.

For those that have the half downs or have seen the half downs, does the car have that "lowered tuner look" or is the drop way too mild with the half downs, thus requiring at LEAST the H techs or regular downs to give the car that lowered aggressive look.

Last thing I want to do is waste money on half downs. But I also dont want to spring (no pun intended) for the h techs or down and totally hate my daily driving life the next few years.

IN my opinion, when looking at the f sport front bumper straight on, it looks really low and I already cant pull into spaces with parking blocks as I only back in for safety.

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

BTW, car is a 250 f sport with no AVS and I live in Florida and will be using stock wheels or something aftermarket identical to stock.
Old 01-23-15, 12:56 PM
rgonza1
Driver

Maybe some other members can chime in but for the most part anyone who installed half downs were not satisfied and eventually sold for downs. IMO, half downs are a waste of money. I am running down springs with factory wheels/tires and I have not issues at all.
Old 01-23-15, 02:16 PM
AndrewP930
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you go with swift springs again? I have them on my IS350 F Sport and love them. Definitely more of a mild drop since it's 1.1" all around. You can still tell it's lowered though.
Old 01-24-15, 03:37 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

I've heard the same, RSR Half Down just aren't cutting it. Why not get coilovers? Adjust it exactly to where you want it and get the profile and stance you want. With springs, you kinda just get what is given to you. Just my personal opinion. I initially bought TEIN S-Tech's when I first got the car and hated it because my car was a bit rear heavy on the passenger side and it was dropped lower than the rear driver side. Swapped it for coils first chance I got. Uniform drop all around and give the flexibility of dropping more if desired or less.