Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned steering ecu installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-03, 04:45 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned steering ecu installation help

anybody would give me steering ecu installation help?
I know its somewhere below the steering wheel panel. But before I try to find out myself tonight, just would like to see if I can get exact directions so I don't mess up.
thanks
Old 03-10-03, 05:53 PM
oldguy
Driver

Do a search. It's there, complete with pictures.
Old 03-10-03, 07:17 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

I did already, but could not find exact installation help. I did find some installation help.
I guess I will just try by myself tonight. I will post my impression later. I hope this would be last suspension mod. I currently have l-tuned springs, shocks, trd sways. I also wonder if steering ecu is going to make significant difference from what I have now.....we'll see. stay tuned..
Old 03-10-03, 10:41 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Default L-tuned steering ecu review

I just installed the steering ecu. It wasn't too bad at all. I had no idea but where to look for. I just had to remove two panels below steering wheel to find the steering ecu to remove and replace. I didn't get to drive too much yet but from tonight's driving, I could tell little difference in feel. At slow speeds, its not much noticeble but at high speeds its more noticeble. I like the tightness. I used to drive BMW and always like the handling and tightness of german cars and now my car has that feel. Actually, even more tighter than benz or bmw in my opinion. Well, I love the control and feel. Highly recommended. But its not dramatic as my trd sways. Now I think I am done with suspension mod. Time to move on to forced induction!!!!.
Old 03-11-03, 05:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Congrats kapdori - you've experienced what everyone else has with the L-Tuned ECU - it's a great and relatively inexpensive upgrade. Definitely in the 'must have' category I'd say.
Old 03-11-03, 09:48 AM
kapdori
Lead Lap

hey bit,
I don't know if you remember me or not but I am the one who followed your sound deadning techinique to reduce exhaust and road noise. Its been great. This thursday I am getting my all four doors and top of the trunk dampened by dynamat extreme. I didn't get to finish top of the trunk where factory sub is located last time with brown bread. I hope this mod will get rid of more road noise. I will let you know of result. Thanks for everything.