Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Drivers lower ball joint again!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-14, 09:05 AM
akafixture
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drivers lower ball joint again!

I just changed out my lower ball joints, outer tie rods, caster arm bushings and steering rack bushings. Everything was great for about 2 weeks and but I am starting to get a clicking that I can feel thru the brake pedal when I come to a stop on the drivers side and hear it as well. Its the same thing I felt before changing out the ball joints. Could It be going again? I used Moog ball joints. The front suspension on this car is driving me crazy!

How tight does the crown nut need to be on the ball joints? I just made them snug and then turn it back some to line up the cotter pin hole.
Old 12-09-14, 12:34 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i had some moogs on as well. failed in a year. i feel like ive either been taken for a ride cause this site suggest moogs or the moogs dont come with very much grease already in them. so i put on a set of other cheap **** and i greased the crap out of it before the install. we'll see how that goes
Old 12-16-14, 04:18 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you make sure to grease up the new balljoints? the Moogs do not come greased and need to be greased before install, check your inner tie rods, and upper control arm balljoints as well.
Old 12-16-14, 05:46 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
Did you make sure to grease up the new balljoints? the Moogs do not come greased and need to be greased before install, check your inner tie rods, and upper control arm balljoints as well.
^^^^ this... most threads you'll find that have moog issues is because of lack of grease.
Old 12-16-14, 09:56 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
yes. its basically why i got the grease gun in the first place. probably just got unlucky. i regreased them just before this past rainy season.