Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Energy Suspension Poly Bushing all around?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 02:31 PM
oldsko0lSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Energy Suspension Poly Bushing all around?

New here! Loving my Sc300. Old school for the win!

Questions regarding a 1992 Lexus SC300.

Being as the car is 20+ years old, I was researching bushing replacement for the entire suspension front and back.

I will be going with Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings. Every bushing will be done underneath the car along with engine mount and transmission mount.

My questions is, has anyone done this before? If so, is the ride more smooth? or more stiff? any advantages over the worn out/stressed out oem bushing?

I will be my first time using Energy Suspension product and unaware of it's ride comfort.

PS: Front and Rear shocks will be replaced also along with Springs that sat on the car for 20+ years.

This past year, done 48 engine replacements from I4, V6, V8, V6 Twin Turbo, V6 Turbo, V10, and over 2 dozen transmission rebuilds.

I know what entitled when replacement the bushings. Got my blow torch ready, got my hydraulic press ready.

Thanks
Old 11-24-14, 11:30 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what I've read it makes the sc a little more firm but not too firm. its a better ride quality than bad bushings but a tad worse than factory. still though haven't done the swap so i'm just repeating what I have read. also from what I read, I believe it was the same forum. whiteline bushings are a little better. again, just repeating what I read before.
Old 11-24-14, 02:00 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you already have worn bushings then the only thing it does is restore it to OEM new feel.

They don't really do squat compared to an OEM bushing unless you track your car but they're far cheaper than OEM bushings and last infinite times longer. I couldn't get to the rear upper arms without dropping the subframe so be prepared for a challenge.

Energy is one of the oldest and most reputable in the industry. Whiteline is fine too.