Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I need help! Lowering springs question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14, 01:33 PM
chriskap21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help! Lowering springs question.

Hello all,

I am new and just bought my first lexus a few months ago. So far so good. I want to lower my car but I do not know what springs to get. I like the Tein's and can get them for a good price. The question really is that I am afarid to lower my car due to all the tire wear concerns I keep reading on the internet. I drive about 100 miles a day and this could turn into a huge issue if I need to keep buying new tires every 6 months.

PLEASE HELP!!
Old 11-13-14, 10:21 PM
azureglade
Driver School Candidate

Im also looking for a set. I have been told that RS-R is a good brand for lowered springs. Not sure on prices though.
Old 11-15-14, 05:11 PM
TheLoyolan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have H&R lowering springs on mine. Tire wear is not more than stock ride height if you follow two simple rules; 1.Align your wheels afterwards, and 2. don't get a camber. If you want and extreme low set-up, then you will need a camber to tuck the wheels inside the fender. This will eat up your tires fairly quick. You mentioned you drive a lot so I doubt you will opt for a very low ride. If you have no camber then a small drop in height shouldn't affect tread wear. I haven't noticed any significant tire wear increase on mine. I enjoy the ride of the H&R springs, not too harsh but definitely stiffer than stock. I paid around $350 for all four. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-14, 11:05 AM
chriskap21
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I was looking at the H & R's as well. Not looking for an agressive drop just something to improve the wheel gap and performance without damaging the tires.