Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

f sport springs/struts unavailable

Old 10-28-14, 09:48 PM   #1
DatsunME
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default f sport springs/struts unavailable

the stock struts on my is350 have blown so I decided it's time for some upgrades. I ordered the f sport struts and springs from sewell. they later emailed telling me that lexus has placed a "stop sale" on the springs and the rear struts, and are not sure if and when the restriction will be lifted.
Has anybody else run into this? Or know what might be going on?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
DatsunME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 10:10 AM   #2
djyoshi626
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

I am looking for the F-Sport springs and shocks as well and it seems any seller associated with Lexus won't be able to sell it due to the stop sale. Sewell doesn't know the reasoning for the stop sale either or when it'll be lifted... I think the only workaround for this is to purchase from eBay but it'll be about $40 more than Sewell with the CL discount. I haven't seen the f-sport shock set on eBay though.
Old 10-29-14, 10:41 AM   #3
knguyenk
Pole Position

knguyenk knguyenk

It seems like Sewell listed the F-Sport shocks as discontinued, they still list the springs ship in 24-48 hours. I had an incident with Sewell where I ordered the F-Sport springs and shocks a few months back and learned that the springs were backordered for several weeks. Nevertheless, I got them, but much later than I anticipated. This may be due to the phasing out of the 2IS and ramping up 3IS F-Sport accessories. This news will probably make my jump and get the rest of the F-Sport accessories before they go for good. Good luck on getting the F-Sport accessories.
Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust, Putco Jet Yellow fog-lights, Solar Gard High Performance Tint 35%, Lexus IS AWD All Weather Floor Mats, Steering Damper, IS 350 Brake Calipers, Rotors, and Pads, IS/GS F Sport Center Caps
knguyenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 01:11 PM   #4
FSportIS
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (12)

This is not good to hear. I really like the F Sport springs and shocks on my IS350. It is very comfortable and even more comfortable than my sport suspension on IS250 for daily driving. When I push the IS350 hard on autocross, it handles like a boss. I am saving money on getting the F Sport suspension for my IS250 and now they are discontinued. What the hell!!!!!
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 06:19 PM   #5
djyoshi626
Lexus Champion

Hm... intriguing but I figured with a discontinued item (if that's what is going on here), they would try to move it out of their stock and they would have a better title than calling it a "stop sale." I went ahead and placed my order on eBay to see what will happen. I hope it's not a safety issue though... but I would assume that if that were the case, they would be all over it by now with recalls or something. "Stop sale," sounds so ambiguous. Even the dealers don't seem to know the reasoning behind it... or they're just keeping it hush hush.

Sewell is listing the item as "on backorder," for the GS springs.
Old 11-02-14, 11:32 PM   #6
1BadTitan
Rookie

I have a set of F sport springs for sale... These are the revised Version for the RWD 350 or the AWD 250. $200 shipped
1BadTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 10:52 AM   #7
amw896
Rookie

amw896
Default Seriously?

Can anyone else confirm this? What year is yours? I have a 2011 350awd and was going to be in the market for the spring/shock set up in the next few months....
amw896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 12:34 PM   #8
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
Can anyone else confirm this? What year is yours? I have a 2011 350awd and was going to be in the market for the spring/shock set up in the next few months....
If you are going to get springs and a conservative lower height plus keeping stock like comfortable ride, I would definitely suggest "Swift Springs" which also works with your OEM shocks.

If you want more lower with springs, Eibach and H&R would be good. Both are progressive springs though.

If you want aggressive lower, go with "Roadmagnet" which has linear spring rates.
Old 11-03-14, 01:29 PM   #9
amw896
Rookie

amw896

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSportIS View Post
If you are going to get springs and a conservative lower height plus keeping stock like comfortable ride, I would definitely suggest "Swift Springs" which also works with your OEM shocks.

If you want more lower with springs, Eibach and H&R would be good. Both are progressive springs though.

If you want aggressive lower, go with "Roadmagnet" which has linear spring rates.
I would like a good amount of drop so I was thinking the H&R's but what about shocks?
amw896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 01:38 PM   #10
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
I would like a good amount of drop so I was thinking the H&R's but what about shocks?
I'm running pretty good with OEM sport shocks with Eibach so I think OEM shocks would be fine for the H&R too.

If you want even better performance, I would suggest
1. F Sport (Bilstein) shocks
2. Bilstein HD
3. Koni Yellow adjustable shocks.

For comfortable shocks, I would suggest:
1. Tokico blues
2. Illuminas
3. F Sport (Bilstein) shocks.
Old 11-12-14, 05:53 PM   #11
kaze
Driver School Candidate

wow this is not the news i want to hear....

my 2008 is350 came with fsport springs and struts from dealer
just found out one of my rear strut is gone and need replacement

i dont see anything on ebay
help please!
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 12:25 PM   #12
737NG
Rookie

I e-mailed Lexus USA. today regarding the F-sport shocks. I'll let you guys know if I receive anything.
737NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 09:44 AM   #13
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737NG View Post
I e-mailed Lexus USA. today regarding the F-sport shocks. I'll let you guys know if I receive anything.
Nice! Keep us posted.
TLN #33
Modifications: JDM Window Visors, F-Sport Performance Air lntake, Carbon Fiber Trim (FX Auto)
UniSlayEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 09:06 AM   #14
kaze
Driver School Candidate

i also emailed customer service on the lexus website

they just replied back with a "sorry we can't help you, but your problem has been noted"

why did i expect them to provide me with an answer....
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 03:36 PM   #15
knguyenk
Pole Position

knguyenk knguyenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze View Post
i also emailed customer service on the lexus website

they just replied back with a "sorry we can't help you, but your problem has been noted"

why did i expect them to provide me with an answer....
Sewell Lexus or Lexus Corporate?
Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust, Putco Jet Yellow fog-lights, Solar Gard High Performance Tint 35%, Lexus IS AWD All Weather Floor Mats, Steering Damper, IS 350 Brake Calipers, Rotors, and Pads, IS/GS F Sport Center Caps
knguyenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 03:36 PM