Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

f sport springs/struts unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-15, 12:41 PM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for chiming in Jeff. That's what I thought too.
Old 03-08-15, 10:04 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

Does anyone have an update on when the stop sale will end?
Old 03-09-15, 09:25 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
Does anyone have an update on when the stop sale will end?
No one knows. Not even corporate.

We appreciate your patience while we researched your concern. The parts listed above are currently involved in a stop sale are: PTR13-53093 Right Front , PTR13-53094 Left Front , PTR13-53095 Rear. Currently there is no ETA for the end of the stop sale.
Old 05-09-15, 09:33 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

anyone have any updates? or heard of any rumors as of late?
Old 05-11-15, 11:16 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

anyone have any updates? or heard of any rumors as of late?
Still the same. No ETA. How hard could it be to rewrite instructions? I have a feeling that due to the lack of sales for F sport accessories compared to aftermarket, Lexus might just kill it since the 3IS model is out. I could be wrong and they're just taking their sweet time. I tried messing around and placed orders anyway on the sites that still had it listed and received emails of order cancellation due to the stop sale. I was bored lol.

I personally just ended up buying used ones from a CL member and if the shocks go out, I'll try to complain to the dealership or corporate to replace it like Kaze did on post 36 as if I already had it on my car prior to the stop sale.

Let me know if you hear anything too. Good luck.
Old 05-12-15, 03:32 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Originally Posted by deestyle28
Still the same. No ETA. How hard could it be to rewrite instructions? I have a feeling that due to the lack of sales for F sport accessories compared to aftermarket, Lexus might just kill it since the 3IS model is out. I could be wrong and they're just taking their sweet time. I tried messing around and placed orders anyway on the sites that still had it listed and received emails of order cancellation due to the stop sale. I was bored lol.

I personally just ended up buying used ones from a CL member and if the shocks go out, I'll try to complain to the dealership or corporate to replace it like Kaze did on post 36 as if I already had it on my car prior to the stop sale.

yea ive tried messing around with sites as well. Im hoping they will at least make one more batch before killing it off because my stock shocks are due for a change and I would prefer to get the fsport over kybs for my awd. I really dont want to have to buy coils.
Old 05-12-15, 06:11 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm. Sounds like I need to break down and by coils and post my F-Sport springs for sale? Lol....
Old 05-12-15, 07:35 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea ive tried messing around with sites as well. Im hoping they will at least make one more batch before killing it off because my stock shocks are due for a change and I would prefer to get the fsport over kybs for my awd. I really dont want to have to buy coils.
That's a bummer that the F-Sport shocks are still on a stop sale, I like the F-Sport springs and shocks combo on the AWD.

A while back I remember a really scorned member posted the following about the F-Sport shocks (when his order got messed up with Sewell and was happy that their online store was closing), after I make a mention of this thread. Whether or not this information has any weight is debatable, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by NJLexus13
The reason that there is a stop sale on the f sport shocks has nothing to do with not containing install instructions... It is because the rear shocks are prone to failure and leakage... This is coming straight from my childhood friend at Lexus who is the parts manager.. I agree and I've said this b4 that Sewell has great customer service and they fix the issues that may arise but I too have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from the site and there is an issue more times then not... Some people say that they're great and no issues others say they have screwed up every order they have ever placed.... Just for example... I bought a set of gfx side skirts from them received the skirts and they were madador red painted over with one coat of nebula gray... the point is the skirts were still clearly red... Yeah awesome that when I contacted them and after sending pics to prove the ****ty over paintjob they sent me a new set after I returned the old ones but how many times can they send messed up parts n then go oh I'm sorry I'll fix it... Shouldn't it have been done right the first time? I ordered awd f sport floor mats... They sent me rwd which dont fit... Returned oh sorry here are the correct ones... This is a pattern not a fluke thing that happens every now and then... And not for nothing but if you had a part with a stop sale on it from corporate would you sell the item to your customers without even telling them there is a stop sale on the item?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8937248
Old 05-14-15, 11:55 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

^Wow! Some people might just have bad luck. The guy complaining did fail to mention which Fsport shock version was prone to leaking as there was a revised version.

RWD pn below:
Old version Fsport shocks:
PTR13-53080
PTR13-53081
PTR13-53082

New version:
PTR13-53093
PTR13-53094
PTR13-53095

It's really subjective when it comes to wear and tear items bc it's all based on driving conditions.
Old 05-20-15, 08:35 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Plenty of alternatives, starting wIth Eibach350's and Swift springs for starters, others have installed and recommended shocks to go with...
Old 06-04-15, 11:02 PM
henry1229
Driver School Candidate

Any updates? Are the shocks still on stop-sale?
Old 06-25-15, 07:01 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

To those of you that have been keeping an email trail with corporate regarding the stop sale of the F-Sport shocks, could you please follow up with them for an update in case this concern has been forgotten by Lexus? Thanks in advance. I'm also going to initiate an email trail with Lexus corporate regarding our concerns.

Last edited by redspencer; 06-25-15 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-29-15, 04:31 AM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a new set of the revised springs for sale. PM me
Part No. PTR07-53090
Old 07-07-15, 01:16 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I received the latest response back from Lexus and unfortunately there is still no confirmation on when the stop sale will be removed....

Originally Posted by Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Thank you for your patience while we researched your concern. In regards to the stop sale, we unfortunately are unable to provide a specific date as to when the stop sale will be removed on the shocks. The Accessory Management department is updating its database and currently has no information regarding the removal of the stop sale for the shocks. We do advise that you check back with us at a later time in regards to when the stop sale has been removed from this product. Please know your email has been documented at Lexus National Headquarters.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Saturday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.
Old 07-10-15, 10:30 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^Wow! Some people might just have bad luck. The guy complaining did fail to mention which Fsport shock version was prone to leaking as there was a revised version.

RWD pn below:
Old version Fsport shocks:
PTR13-53080
PTR13-53081
PTR13-53082

New version:
PTR13-53093
PTR13-53094
PTR13-53095

It's really subjective when it comes to wear and tear items bc it's all based on driving conditions.
And good aftermarket shocks should last as long as you own car.

Quick Reply: f sport springs/struts unavailable