Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

f sport springs/struts unavailable

Old 11-18-14, 06:27 AM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knguyenk
Sewell Lexus or Lexus Corporate?
just a recap of my situation, i have fsport shocks and this setup came from the dealer. one of my struts is leaking so i need a replacement asap since my car bottoms out now when i have rear seat passengers.

i have three options:
1. replace the one broken strut with another fsport strut (unable to do this)
2. replace my entire suspension system with stock is350 shocks (extremely costly)
3. replace the one broken strut with stock is350 strut while the rest of the car has fsport shocks (dont want to do this)

sewell said there is a stop sale and dont know why, they have no more fsport shock inventory, and not sure when the stop sale will be lifted

lexus corporate said this....
Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

I apologize for the concerns that you are experiencing with your vehicle. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, if a dealer is not able to order the F-Sport struts for you, we wouldn't be able to assist you with getting them. All Lexus dealers are independently owned and operated, and since Lexus is the manufacturer and distributor, genuine Lexus Parts are sold through the Parts Department at Lexus dealerships. Please be assured that we have documented your concerns at Lexus National Headquarters for management visibility.

then i called my local dealer and pretty much told them my situation and the manager of the parts department is going to call lexus to follow up for me. he said it is ridiculous that i can't drive my car due to this stop sale and forcing me to replace my entire suspension system is ridiculous

will keep you guys updated...
Old 11-18-14, 12:02 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

This is why I avoid accessory parts for wear items like brakes and shocks a lot of the time, once they stop selling it, you're basically stuck with replacing everything again, or used or something.

Good luck, hopefully they've got some stock sitting somewhere that they can get you one from.

Jeff
Old 11-18-14, 01:23 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Kaze, doesn't Bilstein make the f-sport shocks? I would consider replacing the 2 rears with a Bilstein equivalent...
Old 11-18-14, 05:54 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaze
just a recap of my situation, i have fsport shocks and this setup came from the dealer. one of my struts is leaking so i need a replacement asap since my car bottoms out now when i have rear seat passengers.

i have three options:
1. replace the one broken strut with another fsport strut (unable to do this)
2. replace my entire suspension system with stock is350 shocks (extremely costly)
3. replace the one broken strut with stock is350 strut while the rest of the car has fsport shocks (dont want to do this)

sewell said there is a stop sale and dont know why, they have no more fsport shock inventory, and not sure when the stop sale will be lifted

lexus corporate said this....
Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

I apologize for the concerns that you are experiencing with your vehicle. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, if a dealer is not able to order the F-Sport struts for you, we wouldn't be able to assist you with getting them. All Lexus dealers are independently owned and operated, and since Lexus is the manufacturer and distributor, genuine Lexus Parts are sold through the Parts Department at Lexus dealerships. Please be assured that we have documented your concerns at Lexus National Headquarters for management visibility.

then i called my local dealer and pretty much told them my situation and the manager of the parts department is going to call lexus to follow up for me. he said it is ridiculous that i can't drive my car due to this stop sale and forcing me to replace my entire suspension system is ridiculous

will keep you guys updated...
Interesting.

Originally Posted by mike33
Kaze, doesn't Bilstein make the f-sport shocks? I would consider replacing the 2 rears with a Bilstein equivalent...
Bilstein does make the F-Sport shocks.
Old 11-19-14, 11:03 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I'm running pretty good with OEM sport shocks with Eibach so I think OEM shocks would be fine for the H&R too.

If you want even better performance, I would suggest
1. F Sport (Bilstein) shocks
2. Bilstein HD
3. Koni Yellow adjustable shocks.

For comfortable shocks, I would suggest:
1. Tokico blues
2. Illuminas
3. F Sport (Bilstein) shocks.
I actually just got my set up suspension with a Swift Spring ( black color) + Tokico Blues Shocks. The shocks was already on my is350 when I bought it used this year. My ride isn't very comfortable when i go over messed up roads that has lots of bumps and dips. It beats the crap out of me pretty much. Shocks isn't blown when I swap my springs in. It's a pretty stiffening shocks imo. I never felt how OEM shocks feels like on swift spring. But yah I want R.M spring for that aggressive look. Note: I didn't cut my bump stop if that helps.
Old 11-19-14, 11:09 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
This is not good to hear. I really like the F Sport springs and shocks on my IS350. It is very comfortable and even more comfortable than my sport suspension on IS250 for daily driving. When I push the IS350 hard on autocross, it handles like a boss. I am saving money on getting the F Sport suspension for my IS250 and now they are discontinued. What the hell!!!!!
I heard an opposite statement from another user here on this forum. Saying that he/she got both the F-sport spring/shocks and find it very harsh to ride. So he/she put the OEM shocks with the F-Spring and find it much better. So yeah. I think everyone has there own feel of comfort. I know my Tokico isn't comfort for me. Going to switch to OEM soon. Contemplating if I should put Swift or R.M spring.
Old 11-19-14, 02:13 PM
737NG
Driver

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Nice! Keep us posted.
This is the answer I received from Lexus USA ,

Parts are produced upon demand estimates. I would call your local parts department and speak with them directly about ordering the parts you need.
Old 11-19-14, 07:38 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keo
I heard an opposite statement from another user here on this forum. Saying that he/she got both the F-sport spring/shocks and find it very harsh to ride. So he/she put the OEM shocks with the F-Spring and find it much better. So yeah. I think everyone has there own feel of comfort. I know my Tokico isn't comfort for me. Going to switch to OEM soon. Contemplating if I should put Swift or R.M spring.
I like my ride with the F-Sport springs and shocks on AWD. The first drive home was diabolical, but it quickly became compliant by the next drive. I just need to stiffen my chassis with the F-Sport chassis brace and get better tires and the ride will be perfect (smooth and soft), but of course comfort is definitely subjective.
Old 11-20-14, 10:24 AM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 737NG
This is the answer I received from Lexus USA ,

Parts are produced upon demand estimates. I would call your local parts department and speak with them directly about ordering the parts you need.
A.K.A. sorry, we dont have enough of a demand to turn a profit for these so we just going to stop producing them. everyone that has them and needs replacement......good luck
Old 11-28-14, 11:29 AM
737NG
Driver

After a bit of research and many phone calls to different dealers across the US. I have a little more information on this issue. I contacted the service department at Lexus San Diego, The parts rep was more than knowledgeable about the situation. He said they are not any F-Sport shocks available within the nation.He said you can order them on some other websites but you will not get them. However they should be available for future purchase. (no date given) He went on to say this happens quite frequently with Lexus parts due to design and/or vendor distributors changes. For example the F-Sport springs under went a design change, therefor they were discontinued after the sale of all in stock units then the new design was released and shipped out .
Also I noticed that the AWD F-Sport shocks are available for purchase, (on Sewells Website) so I would highly doubt the were discontinued for lack of profit or sales. But who knows, I guess we wait and see.
Old 11-29-14, 12:55 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^Just get Koni suspension!
Old 12-04-14, 11:58 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got my car back from the dealership for my 60k service. I inquired about the f sport shocks with my service rep and he contacted the parts department and they couldn't order it. As 737NG said, looks like we won't be able to order them at all from anywhere in the US. Let's hope this is temporary. I need these shocks too as I just pulled the trigger for F sport springs and they're just sitting in my living room as an ottoman lol.
Old 12-04-14, 12:29 PM
AiRuss
Driver School Candidate

^Gville350 found this... many sites still sell the shock:

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Interesting, never had to look before...but sure enough, not available for purchase from Sewell.

Anyhow, using Sewell's install instructions I pulled the following P/Ns on there for the shocks and what are probably shock accessories that come in the boxes. Try searching Google for the P/Ns to source the shocks. I found two sites right off the bat that DO offer PTR13-53080 for sale.

Part Number:
PTR13-53080
PTR13-53081
PTR13-53093
PTR13-53094
PTR13-53082
PTR13-53092
PTR13-53095
Old 12-04-14, 05:25 PM
737NG
Driver

Originally Posted by AiRuss
^Gville350 found this... many sites still sell the shock:
You can order them all day long, But you will not receive them. You will get an email from that company saying out of stock or on back order. I called just about every company claiming the had them in stock to verify, They all said were out of stock. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 12-22-14, 09:57 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update!!!

I too contacted Lexus Corporate and finally received an email after 2 weeks. Below is what they said (from Elizabeth Salazar Lexus Customer Satisfaction)

Those parts are on stop sale 2, which means there are issues with the instructions for installation. Once they get those cleared up we can remove the Stop Sale 2 and allow the dealers to take parts. Won’t have the stop sale cleared until after the first of next year.

Hope this answers everyone's questions. I'm not sure exactly is the issue with instructions as sewell still posts the instructions on how to install on their site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: f sport springs/struts unavailable