Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SET brand lugnuts / eBay lugnuts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-14, 02:28 PM
fng
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SET brand lugnuts / eBay lugnuts

I'm looking for new lugs for aftermarket wheels. I searched and couldnt find any reviews. Has anyone heard of or tried SET brand lugnuts?

They're made by Supreme Engineering Technologies and the ones I'm looking at say they are made of SCM 435 Cold Forged Steel.

Here they are on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-BLACK-SPLINE-TUNER-RACING-LUG-NUTS-12X1-5-FITS-MOST-JDM-HONDA-ACURA-/141127347571?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20dbd86d73&vxp=mtr
Here's their website: http://setgroupusa.com/collections/lug-nuts

They look good to me and I like the price. I'm hoping that with steel lugs it's kinda hard to go wrong when you just need them to hold the weels on the car. I'm not looking for anything fancy.
Old 10-10-14, 07:56 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Just about as basic and cheap as you can get; might as well buy two sets! LOL
Old 10-11-14, 01:27 AM
fng
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your response. Are you saying they're gonna pop off while I'm driving? What's your experience with them?
Old 10-11-14, 08:35 PM
Chakerus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never head of them. Those are probably the cheapest set of lugs I've seen. I'm not sure I'd want to risk it personally.
Old 10-18-14, 11:48 PM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a set of aluminum lugs earlier this year for just under $20. Impulse buy. Wasn't real sure of them, but thought I'd try them out. They torqued up correctly, and a week later they were still snug. I've had the wheels on and off the car 1/2 dozen times or more this summer for various reasons. They've always been snug when I took them off and they haven't felt like they were going to give way when I torqued them back on. I've autocrossed the car a few times, but I don't put on lots of miles and tend to avoid the really rough roads, but I don't worry that they'll break if I hit a pothole either. I have managed to find a few potholes, but none of them were too brutal. My point is I'd be a lot LESS worried about steel lugs than aluminum. Maybe these ones you are thinking of are total junk, but probably not. If you like the look,I say go ahead and buy them. Then try them out for a spin or two and check to make sure they are still torqued on correctly. If anything about them gives you pause for concern then throw them away and you'll only be out $20.
Old 10-21-14, 02:39 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Never heard of them but I am sure they will be plenty strong to keep you wheels on being steel. Just don't be surprised if they are a rusted mess in a year.
Old 12-02-14, 04:06 PM
fng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scott1256c
I bought a set of aluminum lugs earlier this year for just under $20. Impulse buy. Wasn't real sure of them, but thought I'd try them out. They torqued up correctly, and a week later they were still snug. I've had the wheels on and off the car 1/2 dozen times or more this summer for various reasons. They've always been snug when I took them off and they haven't felt like they were going to give way when I torqued them back on. I've autocrossed the car a few times, but I don't put on lots of miles and tend to avoid the really rough roads, but I don't worry that they'll break if I hit a pothole either. I have managed to find a few potholes, but none of them were too brutal. My point is I'd be a lot LESS worried about steel lugs than aluminum. Maybe these ones you are thinking of are total junk, but probably not. If you like the look,I say go ahead and buy them. Then try them out for a spin or two and check to make sure they are still torqued on correctly. If anything about them gives you pause for concern then throw them away and you'll only be out $20.
Thanks, that is good info. If this were yahoo I would choose yours as the best answer. Do you mind telling what al lugs you bought for $20?

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
Never heard of them but I am sure they will be plenty strong to keep you wheels on being steel. Just don't be surprised if they are a rusted mess in a year.
Thanks. They're sitting out in the rain right now so I'll keep an eye on the rust.

For anyone who is wondering, I did buy these lugs and they do work fine. All 20 of them are still on the car 4 weeks later and they look good.