Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F Sport or Cusco

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 06:45 PM
HammerDown
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport or Cusco

Which sway bar would you pick? F Sport 28.6mm front & 19mm rear or Cusco 30mm front & 19mm rear....
Old 10-09-14, 09:53 PM
TJKASS
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately there aren't many anti roll bar options currently for the 3rd generation cars (TRD Japan is the only one that comes to mind). FSport bars will only fit the 2IS as they (FSport) have yet to release a set for this new chassis. The front bar may be compatable, although I do not know if anyone has tried (front suspension is relatively carryover). However rear will almost definitely not work due to the new 5-link suspension adopted from the GS/RC family.

All that being said, the front ARB on this vehicle is very stiff already, to balance the chassis more towards neutral handling I would suggest looking at adding roll stiffness to the rear end only. At least for a street driven vehicle. YMMV.
Old 10-10-14, 06:21 PM
HammerDown
Rookie

Originally Posted by TJKASS
Unfortunately there aren't many anti roll bar options currently for the 3rd generation cars (TRD Japan is the only one that comes to mind). FSport bars will only fit the 2IS as they (FSport) have yet to release a set for this new chassis. The front bar may be compatable, although I do not know if anyone has tried (front suspension is relatively carryover). However rear will almost definitely not work due to the new 5-link suspension adopted from the GS/RC family.

All that being said, the front ARB on this vehicle is very stiff already, to balance the chassis more towards neutral handling I would suggest looking at adding roll stiffness to the rear end only. At least for a street driven vehicle. YMMV.
I have to agree with you on stiffening up the rear a bit. After about 800 miles on Tanabe Springs and Tanabe Front Brace the front is defenitely stiffer than the rear. I'm planning on adding urethane sway bar bushings & end links once I upgrade the sway bars. I may even lower the rear a bit more but I want to make sure that the 275/30/19 fits before additional lowering.