Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need replacement parts help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 08:01 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHarris
I love your input. Sadly I got the Pole Positions because they seem really good and were cheaper (I know I'm spending a lot so it doesn't make much sense) but yeah I can't change that. Maybe next time.
That is as good a reason as any, the Bridgestones are still good tires.
Sadly I picked SPC over Megan, I was told from who I bought it from that SPC is superior. As far as FIGS MEGA camber arms.. yeah I'll use my SPC for now I'm sure it's fine. Glad I got the right FIGS bushings though.
Given that this won't be a track car I'm sure the SPC stuff will work fine for you, but to add to your first question on what other FIGS bushings would benefit you -- consider the rest of the bushings for the front suspension (lower front, and upper control arm bushings). Those are all relatively big, squishy bushings and should help the precision of the steering and front suspension.
I guess I'll check out Sewell and get those lower ball joints and tie rod ends. ***EDIT*** I found these for tie rods on a website. I'm going to go with MOOG, and replace both the inner and outter tie rods.
I don't have any personal experience with MOOG on my IS, but I know they make good parts, let us know what you think of them.
I also got the Tanabe Sustec Under Brace (Front) - your opinions?
I don't have any experience with the various under-car braces that are available, but by opinion is that they should help more than strut tower braces. All the major suspension pickup points for the car are low under the car, these chassis aren't known for their stiffness, and from working under the car it seems like a no-brainer to me to tie together some of the hard points on the front of the car as well as the rear of the car.
And I got the cat-back system Invidia Q300 (w/ midpipes) if it's too loud or sounds gay I'm going to sell it but they seem like good quality and their exhaust cans don't low. Let me know what you think of this as well, as far as sound and anything else.
I'm definately not the exhaust guru. My exhaust is stock, and if I change anything on it I will start with headers and go from there.
Old 09-18-14, 09:19 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

MOOG so I hear is the best brand but expensive. I ordered all four tie rods and both front lower ball joints. $400 before tax
Old 09-18-14, 10:09 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MOOG so I hear is the best brand but expensive. I ordered all four tie rods and both front lower ball joints. $400 before tax
Didn't FIGS have a kit that came with all this and more... maybe the same but more expensive?
Old 09-19-14, 08:46 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

^FIGS makes a scary serious "PROAngle" front suspension replacement for the IS300, which replaces all the suspension arms, ball joints, etc on the front end of an IS300 to make it better for drifting, but I don't know that they sell any OEM type replacements for tie rods or ball joints for the ISX50.