Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone tried this with coilovers????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-14, 10:11 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by egmmbah
Ordered my 2is coilover sand they will be installed shortly will update with pics
Nice, please keep us posted.
Old 09-23-14, 10:09 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

any news on this ?
Old 09-24-14, 11:40 AM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are some more pics from the shop in Miami that made this suspension happen, and soon we will be tucking on the rear some more STATIC!!!!! follow us on IG:LEXTECH_MIA
Attached Thumbnails Anyone tried this with coilovers????-photo-2-1-.jpg   Anyone tried this with coilovers????-photo-12-.jpg   Anyone tried this with coilovers????-photo-1-1-.jpg  
Old 09-24-14, 04:56 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that my suspension was not designed for my car. But to each their own I guess. I'll just leave the suspension geometries design to the Lexus engineers.

What are you saving? A couple hundred dollars?
Old 09-24-14, 06:46 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

they separated the rear spring and shock on the 3IS so they are easier to bag .
Old 09-25-14, 10:20 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusis305
Here are some more pics from the shop in Miami that made this suspension happen, and soon we will be tucking on the rear some more STATIC!!!!! follow us on IG:LEXTECH_MIA
Looks sick! Are you guys planning on coming out to the meet this weekend?
Old 10-05-14, 07:23 AM
egmmbah
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daobn24
I honestly wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that my suspension was not designed for my car. But to each their own I guess. I'll just leave the suspension geometries design to the Lexus engineers.

What are you saving? A couple hundred dollars?

To be honest there are a LOT of large name companies that use suspension and performance components on other cars within the same make/model fragment and either change a part number or put that the same part number now is compatible with a newer model year. . . Eibach for instance online shows a modfel number change from 4007.140 for civics from the 80's then in 90's it changes to 4017.140 then in 00's to 4018.140 and the sticker on the boxes change accordingly but when unbox the paperwork and spring etc are all the product number 4007.140 from civics and crx's from 89+

Stillen does it with performance parts that happen to fit on multiple vehicles in the Nissan/Infiniti community they simply change part number and raise price for the newer car if it fits, no more R&D. . . Im a car enthusiast since I could drive but I am also realistic about what I am buying, if it performs the same on a newer generation test vehicle for a long period of time that is all the R&D that goes into this stuff usually. Companies arent spending millions to re cast spring molds, and intakes etc if they dont have to. And no it is not a safety concern they test it prior to release that is why the day the car comes out the product isnt available. Sorry just my 2 cents, I hate when I hear people say things like "oh just because it fits and works fine doesnt mean you should use it" that we should go buy the same exact product again with a different number on the sticker instead. . .
Old 10-05-14, 06:11 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

To be honest there are a LOT of large name companies that use suspension and performance components on other cars within the same make/model fragment and either change a part number or put that the same part number now is compatible with a newer model year. . . Eibach for instance online shows a modfel number change from 4007.140 for civics from the 80's then in 90's it changes to 4017.140 then in 00's to 4018.140 and the sticker on the boxes change accordingly but when unbox the paperwork and spring etc are all the product number 4007.140 from civics and crx's from 89+

Stillen does it with performance parts that happen to fit on multiple vehicles in the Nissan/Infiniti community they simply change part number and raise price for the newer car if it fits, no more R&D. . . Im a car enthusiast since I could drive but I am also realistic about what I am buying, if it performs the same on a newer generation test vehicle for a long period of time that is all the R&D that goes into this stuff usually. Companies arent spending millions to re cast spring molds, and intakes etc if they dont have to. And no it is not a safety concern they test it prior to release that is why the day the car comes out the product isnt available. Sorry just my 2 cents, I hate when I hear people say things like "oh just because it fits and works fine doesnt mean you should use it" that we should go buy the same exact product again with a different number on the sticker instead. . .
I am totally agreed with that, but I don't want to be the first batch of people trying it out so I have been waiting for your review on your install. I would love to get a set of KW V3 on my 3IS but they haven't had it released. If the 2IS model does fit I would definitely order a set as its price is also slightly cheaper.
Old 10-10-14, 07:44 AM
egmmbah
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gpxluke
I am totally agreed with that, but I don't want to be the first batch of people trying it out so I have been waiting for your review on your install. I would love to get a set of KW V3 on my 3IS but they haven't had it released. If the 2IS model does fit I would definitely order a set as its price is also slightly cheaper.
I have my coilovers here, just been slammed busy with work. I am hoping to have them on next weekend I have to contact the guys down at LexTech Miami and make an appointment and I will take plenty of pics and make a write up possibly. . .
Old 10-25-14, 11:54 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I asked for him to send me the pics, he did it clearly shows a full body coilover in the rear

That's cool. Glad to see this as an option.
Old 11-04-14, 10:48 AM
Boost786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow this is awesome... too bad i have an AWD 3is. does anyone know if the 2is awd coilovers would fit a 3is awd?
Old 11-11-14, 04:29 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Now that I think about it, I'm going with this option vs oem. I think this option puts less pressure on the arm and allow for a lighter lower control arm.