Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Autocross w H&R springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-14, 11:34 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

If you're concerned about specific modifications that will alter the class you want to be in, I guess a discreet modification you can do is the IS-F Steering ECU upgrade. It will help with dialing in additional steering input precision for your preferred driving line and the updated VDIM Sport calibration that's included with the mod is actually pretty darn good!
Old 08-27-14, 08:01 PM
FivesIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I decided against the springs and got a set of coilovers from a CL member. Same issue I have with the springs will be time to install and another is to sell my springs.

My goal with the STX class is just to have fun, but try to be as competitive as I can be. The 250 is easily outclassed in stock or any modified form. Example, all IS x50 and f are competing against eachother in stock class.

And a quick correction, All cats can be removed but must be replaced with at least one and it can not be 6" further downstream from the oem location of the final cat.

Autox note. I went this past weekend and it was loads of fun. My IS handled great with the sways and lsd. Still a lot of improvement to be made, but nice to feel the money spent on modding my car is making a difference.
Old 08-28-14, 10:20 AM
An2ny
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FivesIS
So I decided against the springs and got a set of coilovers from a CL member. Same issue I have with the springs will be time to install and another is to sell my springs.

My goal with the STX class is just to have fun, but try to be as competitive as I can be. The 250 is easily outclassed in stock or any modified form. Example, all IS x50 and f are competing against eachother in stock class.

And a quick correction, All cats can be removed but must be replaced with at least one and it can not be 6" further downstream from the oem location of the final cat.

Autox note. I went this past weekend and it was loads of fun. My IS handled great with the sways and lsd. Still a lot of improvement to be made, but nice to feel the money spent on modding my car is making a difference.
Great job! Keep any info/ feedback coming (we may need a new thread)
I have been working on a light STX build with my manual IS250. I have most of the parts, but I need more time to install everything since the other cars take most of my time.
These cars are out class in STX but I think that the chassis is decent to have some fun.

By the way; I was the one that wrote the letter to the SCCA explaining why the IS250 & 350 should be in STX; luckily the approved the move