Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC coilovers camber

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 11:36 AM
Tails716
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC coilovers camber

I have a 2011 is250 F-sport ..... Looking to drop it .... Not slam it just lower it ... Get a nice set of rims ... I don't want to loose much of that Lexus ride .... But want quality drop ... Apparently the BC racing is the way to go? They are 1370.00 shipped with the swift spring upgrade .... I asked the rep about the camber and he couldn't hep me that much ... I wanna lower it but I don't want it all cambered out I want even tire wear ... How we'll are these gonna do for me? It's my daily driver.... If anyone has any ideas please let me know .....
Old 07-28-14, 12:36 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

No camber plates because of the Lexus suspension design. Even tire wear has a lot to do with toe then camber. You can get the camber kit from Figs engineering come with RLC arm, toe adjustment and front lower bushing. The front lower bushing will help with inner tire wear. Then you can either go with Megan upper A arm, SPC ball joint or figs ball joint to control camber.
Old 07-28-14, 05:48 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

You'll have to be more specific about your worries, because there's a lot of factors that go into it all.

What wheels are you looking at getting, and be specific about the wheel's specs. Depending on the wheel's diameter, the offset, and the tires you'll be running will dictate on how low you can really go anyways.

With all of that said, you cannot go wrong with the BCRs...with or without the Swift spring upgrade. What spring rates are you going with?
Old 07-29-14, 08:52 AM
Jaytea
Driver

Any camber will wear out your wheel prematurely, toe alignment off is even worse. If you drop your car to tuck wheels or anything lower than stock height, prepare to buy camber arms if you want to set camber back to zero, otherwise you're gunna have negative camber. You can buy the figs camber kit, which is pretty baller, but most people can get away with Megan camber kit, which replaces the upper control arm and let's you bring in the camber when you're lowered. Without a camber kit, you're pretty much SOL fixing for the natural negative camber.

As for BCRacing coils, I was about to pull the trigger on a set, but held off for ohlins as ohlins are fully rebuildable, and basically second to none (streetwise). You get what you pay for. I have tried an IS with BCRacing coils and it's not bad, but you may have to get higher spring rates for them if you're low. He had BC springs and the ride quality does suffer compared to stock. Maybe it was his dampening, or even springs, could be many factors. Compared to my ohlins, which are about twice the BCRacing coils w/ swift springs, I felt like It was a huge improvement from stock suspension. I mean everything, in terms of comfort, dampening, and quicker rebound of the wheel.

Whatever rims you get, make sure they fit! With coils and camber kit first, you should be set to handle any tire up to 20 inches.
Old 07-29-14, 10:14 AM
Tails716
Driver School Candidate

yea i diffidently am looking at some wheels .. prolly gonna go with STANCE wheels ... prolly like a 20x8.5 or 9 for the front and a 20x10 or 10.5 on the back ... i really dont want any rubbing at all .. i dont want my fender tearing up my tires or damaging my fenders ... so maybe the smaller of the width or maybe even a 19" wheel .. im not sure yet ... any suggestions would always help ... like i said i wasnt trying to slam the car .. the quote i got from BCR was 1370.00 shipped with the swift springs upgrade .. they also come with rubber toppers for between the chasis and the coilover for better comfort ... i saw the figs stuff ... what all am i gonna need from them to correct everything to keep all my wheels straight and tire wear good ...
Old 07-29-14, 10:20 AM
Jaytea
Driver

20s are an investment. Right now my car is in the shop having the rear quarter panels pulled out to tuck them. They are 20 inches and 10.5 wide. The body work is really expensive. Stay away if you aren't wanting any hassle. 19s would be safer for no rub, with a 10 or even 9.5 wheel width, depending on offset.

I would get camber kit, and coils first. You really only need this to make sure you get even wear. After they are installed, lower it and see where you want the car to sit. Then fit your wheels to your setup and adjust accordingly.
Old 07-29-14, 10:58 AM
Tails716
Driver School Candidate

yea that was my thought too ... im deff gonna do the lower first ..... its got the fsport wheels on it now so i dont think it will look bad lowerd with those wheels while i save money and try and find some wheels i reallly like ... i was just on another thread ... posted these http://www.stancewheels.com/wheels/s...6ix-slate-grey .... they have 19 and 20s ... i deffidently dont want any body mods or anything like that .. just a super clean yes slightly agressive look ... and thats it .. daily driven .. and dont need any problems at all