Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

megan ez coilovers questions

Old 07-16-14, 07:14 AM   #1
haylee07gs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default megan ez coilovers questions

Whats up guys. Im new here and I just bought a 2000 gs300 a few months ago I got some ez coils and from what ive read straight out of the box they give a pretty good drop. Im planning on going very very LOW down the road but im still on stock wheels. Im planning on removing the inner fender plastics and getting a fender roll new wheels and all that jazz but my question is what other problems am I going to run into? I see people are running rcas in the front and back but are they required to get super low? are any other modifications needed to get low just trying to get a heads up on the problems im going to run into. And if you guys could post pics of your cars that would be helpful I wanna see SLAMMEDDD cars none on springs
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
haylee07gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 12:52 PM   #2
youngs3oo
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

youngs3oo

being low is gonna put more stress on the suspension as a whole and your car will probably run into problems of that sort more often than a car with regular ride height. as far as rims go, it really depends what look you are looking for. im on megans also and i have aftermarket toe links and upper control arms in the rear which allows me to clear the wheels im on. i dont have rcas. the only problem i have so far is scraping and i cracked my oil pan once on the freeway.

look around on the forums, there are many slammed cars on megan ez's.
Old 07-16-14, 12:54 PM   #3
youngs3oo
Driver

youngs3oo

Click the image to open in full size.

it sits slightly higher than that as of now.
Old 07-16-14, 02:28 PM   #4
creton300
Driver School Candidate

I just put on my megan ez coilovers this weekend, didn't adjust the height on em. put them on at what they were already set, and it sits low. looks great, ill post apicture when im not at work. I'm on stock 16" wheels. I do plan on getting front and rear RCA in time. As long as putting on my new balljoints. I Have 19" wheels I will be putting on once they're painted and i'll have to raise it up. So far even though its been about 5 days I love it. I Have the settings set on 10 all the way around. My exhaust will hit the ground once in awhile on little hills. and front tires rub the plastic a little bit too. but driving around my car is fine. exhaust rarely hits only on little hills or bumps like i said.

Attachment 335667
Attachment 335668
Attachment 335669
creton300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 06:54 AM   #5
haylee07gs
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngs3oo View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

it sits slightly higher than that as of now.
Thats prefect dude looks so good. Thats actually the wheels im trying to find ive always like style 95s. Ill probably just throw my coils on right out of the box and once I get wheels ill dail everything in but thats about how low I planning on going
Old 07-17-14, 06:58 AM   #6
haylee07gs
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if im gonna do 19s or 18s yet though I may get something different I think 19s look better but 18s are easier to find tires for around here.
Old 07-17-14, 06:58 AM