Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Airrex Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 04:52 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airrex Suspension?

Been debating on getting an air setup soon and after some research I'm leaning towards airrex. I know there's a few people on here that have it. How do you guys like it? How's the ride quality and management system? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-14, 08:57 AM
bucanero
Pole Position

Bags are for groceries!
Old 07-10-14, 11:06 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Sorry not done with my setup yet so i cannot comment long term feedback on the ride.
drove it around the block and couldnt feel difference that i was on air or coilovers
Old 07-11-14, 07:15 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

go with airrex struts and pair it with accuair e-level. accuair is pretty amazing and the overall install/remote looks cleaner, if you install the sensors right you will have zero problems with it breaking.
Old 07-12-14, 11:27 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bucanero
Bags are for groceries!
Exactly what i'm usuing my car for!

Originally Posted by specONE
Sorry not done with my setup yet so i cannot comment long term feedback on the ride.
drove it around the block and couldnt feel difference that i was on air or coilovers
I have a few friends who have airrex and tell me the same, but on different cars. Wanted to see how 3is members feel with it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by bayarea3is
go with airrex struts and pair it with accuair e-level. accuair is pretty amazing and the overall install/remote looks cleaner, if you install the sensors right you will have zero problems with it breaking.
I ended up getting the full airrex system for a really good deal so i couldn't pass it up. I've seen alot of peiple use the accuair e-level. Is there anything wrong with the airrex system?
Old 07-12-14, 09:35 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by Jaydemm

I ended up getting the full airrex system for a really good deal so i couldn't pass it up. I've seen alot of peiple use the accuair e-level. Is there anything wrong with the airrex system?
The ECU and the Air Manifold/valves are huge and hard to hide with airrex, thats what turned me away from all airrex. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Airrex management, (Pressure based)
I like that there is a Wireless remote that can do presets, can see all PSI of each bag and tank, no level sensors to install.
I did not like how huge the actual ECU and Manifold/valves are hard to mount and hide in custom install due to the size in our vehicles especially (wont matter too much if you are just going to do the box setup)

Accuair management, (Height based)
I like how slick the controller is, very clean and high quality look. Manifold and ECU are so Tiny, as well as the Exomount system they have looks so awesome when done. Car will auto go back to preset 2 when you start car up without you having to touch anything.
I do not like how the height sensors (extra part to install), No PSI readings. No wireless remote (have to do keyfob wireless controls instead)
Old 07-13-14, 04:43 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this set up work for my 2014 is250 fsport awd ?
Old 07-14-14, 12:47 AM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
Will this set up work for my 2014 is250 fsport awd ?
WE have the kits for the IS250 FSport but not the AWD models yet. If you can provide the Front OEM struts we can cut you a good deal for helping with protyping the AWD kit
Old 07-14-14, 01:02 AM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by Jaydemm
Been debating on getting an air setup soon and after some research I'm leaning towards airrex. I know there's a few people on here that have it. How do you guys like it? How's the ride quality and management system? Thanks in advance!
The Airrex Set up for the 2014 IS250/IS350 is only availible in full kits. We dont sell just the struts and use another management system.

The airrex suspension system uses tripple bellows in the rears vs the other cheaper brands use a sleaved bag in the rear.

The front also uses a Tripple Bellow.

You can buy in the AMS case or Out of the Case.

Here is an IS350 I did out of the box with Seamless Tank ...

And here is the AMS box we just did in the Wekfest Car.

Last edited by mlum808; 07-14-14 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-14-14, 07:40 AM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by mlum808
The Airrex Set up for the 2014 IS250/IS350 is only availible in full kits. We dont sell just the struts and use another management system.
Could you explain what is special about the strut kit of this car that requires this kit to be sold as full kit and not allow the customer to decide which air management they would like to use? What is the reason that someone cannot just but only the strut/bags?
Old 07-14-14, 11:37 AM
mlum808
Driver

Could you explain what is special about the strut kit of this car that requires this kit to be sold as full kit and not allow the customer to decide which air management they would like to use? What is the reason that someone cannot just but only the strut/bags?

That is just how all our new kits are being sold. It cost alot of money to R&D and Airrex makes complete systems not just managements.
Old 07-15-14, 10:12 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

did you buy yours as a full kit?

thats weird, so every 3is that has Airrex who went with a different management HAD to buy the whole kit?
Old 07-15-14, 10:19 PM
specONE
Racer

did you buy yours as a full kit?

thats weird, so every 3is that has Airrex who went with a different management HAD to buy the whole kit?
Nope, i did not buy full kit.
I am running Accuair for management.
Old 07-15-14, 10:42 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that is the case now since airrex said they only offer the entire kit for the 3is
Old 07-15-14, 11:08 PM
mlum808
Driver

There was a few IS3 kits sold before they changed it.

Specone i think you were one of those lucky ones

Quick Reply: Airrex Suspension?