Airrex Suspension? - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   > > > >
Log In 

Airrex Suspension?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-14, 04:52 PM   #1
Jaydemm
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Jaydemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 278
Default Airrex Suspension?

Been debating on getting an air setup soon and after some research I'm leaning towards airrex. I know there's a few people on here that have it. How do you guys like it? How's the ride quality and management system? Thanks in advance!
Jaydemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 08:57 AM   #2
bucanero
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 388
Default

Bags are for groceries!
bucanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 11:06 PM   #3
specONE
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
specONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 823
Default

Sorry not done with my setup yet so i cannot comment long term feedback on the ride.
drove it around the block and couldnt feel difference that i was on air or coilovers
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 07:15 PM   #4
bayarea3is
Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 134
Default

go with airrex struts and pair it with accuair e-level. accuair is pretty amazing and the overall install/remote looks cleaner, if you install the sensors right you will have zero problems with it breaking.
bayarea3is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 11:27 AM   #5
Jaydemm
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Jaydemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucanero View Post
Bags are for groceries!
Exactly what i'm usuing my car for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specONE View Post
Sorry not done with my setup yet so i cannot comment long term feedback on the ride.
drove it around the block and couldnt feel difference that i was on air or coilovers
I have a few friends who have airrex and tell me the same, but on different cars. Wanted to see how 3is members feel with it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea3is View Post
go with airrex struts and pair it with accuair e-level. accuair is pretty amazing and the overall install/remote looks cleaner, if you install the sensors right you will have zero problems with it breaking.
I ended up getting the full airrex system for a really good deal so i couldn't pass it up. I've seen alot of peiple use the accuair e-level. Is there anything wrong with the airrex system?
Jaydemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 09:35 PM   #6
specONE
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
specONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydemm View Post


I ended up getting the full airrex system for a really good deal so i couldn't pass it up. I've seen alot of peiple use the accuair e-level. Is there anything wrong with the airrex system?
The ECU and the Air Manifold/valves are huge and hard to hide with airrex, thats what turned me away from all airrex. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Airrex management, (Pressure based)
I like that there is a Wireless remote that can do presets, can see all PSI of each bag and tank, no level sensors to install.
I did not like how huge the actual ECU and Manifold/valves are hard to mount and hide in custom install due to the size in our vehicles especially (wont matter too much if you are just going to do the box setup)

Accuair management, (Height based)
I like how slick the controller is, very clean and high quality look. Manifold and ECU are so Tiny, as well as the Exomount system they have looks so awesome when done. Car will auto go back to preset 2 when you start car up without you having to touch anything.
I do not like how the height sensors (extra part to install), No PSI readings. No wireless remote (have to do keyfob wireless controls instead)
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 04:43 PM   #7
Kwik8276
Lead Lap
 
Kwik8276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea3is View Post
go with airrex struts and pair it with accuair e-level. accuair is pretty amazing and the overall install/remote looks cleaner, if you install the sensors right you will have zero problems with it breaking.
Will this set up work for my 2014 is250 fsport awd ?
Kwik8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 12:47 AM   #8
mlum808
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik8276 View Post
Will this set up work for my 2014 is250 fsport awd ?
WE have the kits for the IS250 FSport but not the AWD models yet. If you can provide the Front OEM struts we can cut you a good deal for helping with protyping the AWD kit
mlum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 01:02 AM   #9
mlum808
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydemm View Post
Been debating on getting an air setup soon and after some research I'm leaning towards airrex. I know there's a few people on here that have it. How do you guys like it? How's the ride quality and management system? Thanks in advance!
The Airrex Set up for the 2014 IS250/IS350 is only availible in full kits. We dont sell just the struts and use another management system.

The airrex suspension system uses tripple bellows in the rears vs the other cheaper brands use a sleaved bag in the rear.



The front also uses a Tripple Bellow.



You can buy in the AMS case or Out of the Case.

Here is an IS350 I did out of the box with Seamless Tank ...



And here is the AMS box we just did in the Wekfest Car.




Last edited by mlum808; 07-14-14 at 01:06 AM.
mlum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 07:40 AM   #10
specONE
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
specONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlum808 View Post
The Airrex Set up for the 2014 IS250/IS350 is only availible in full kits. We dont sell just the struts and use another management system.
Could you explain what is special about the strut kit of this car that requires this kit to be sold as full kit and not allow the customer to decide which air management they would like to use? What is the reason that someone cannot just but only the strut/bags?
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 11:37 AM   #11
mlum808
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specONE View Post
Could you explain what is special about the strut kit of this car that requires this kit to be sold as full kit and not allow the customer to decide which air management they would like to use? What is the reason that someone cannot just but only the strut/bags?

That is just how all our new kits are being sold. It cost alot of money to R&D and Airrex makes complete systems not just managements.
mlum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 10:12 PM   #12
bayarea3is
Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specONE View Post
Could you explain what is special about the strut kit of this car that requires this kit to be sold as full kit and not allow the customer to decide which air management they would like to use? What is the reason that someone cannot just but only the strut/bags?
did you buy yours as a full kit?

thats weird, so every 3is that has Airrex who went with a different management HAD to buy the whole kit?
bayarea3is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 10:19 PM   #13
specONE
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
specONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea3is View Post
did you buy yours as a full kit?

thats weird, so every 3is that has Airrex who went with a different management HAD to buy the whole kit?
Nope, i did not buy full kit.
I am running Accuair for management.
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 10:42 PM   #14
Silec
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 692
Default

I think that is the case now since airrex said they only offer the entire kit for the 3is
Silec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 11:08 PM   #15
mlum808
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 143
Default

There was a few IS3 kits sold before they changed it.

Specone i think you were one of those lucky ones
mlum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA WTB: Air struts VIPTONY 2Gen GS430 / 400/ 300 Classifieds (98-05) 6 02-16-16 10:03 PM
CA FS: AIRREX Airbag suspension for LS460 GSP David LS460 / 430 / 400 / 600h Classifieds 5 07-23-15 04:28 PM
Airrex vs Function Form Bags nfordhk VIP Style 6 05-27-15 07:59 AM
airrex suspension w/ accuair management system jwhun 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 1 03-05-15 10:19 PM
Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management? senxation VIP Style 44 08-13-14 04:52 PM


Tags
airrex, ls400

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved