Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Would Ls400 calipers clear 18" Lowenhart LV1's?

Old 07-04-14, 09:12 PM   #1
GSGenesis
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Default Would Ls400 calipers clear 18" Lowenhart LV1's?

I purchased a set of ls400 calipers, have rebuilt them. Put all this work into them, got RCA's, I haven't yet gotten extra spacers, but will be putting my 15mm that I have in the rear, up front, and will replace the rear with 20mm which works out. But someone told me they didn't think that lowenhart LV1's in 18" with a spacer still wouldn't clear... Think or does anyone know if that may indeed be true? This is my wheel incase you aren't sure what it exactly looks like... Lol pretty sure everyone knows which ones they are.. But any feedback would be great guys. Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

GSGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 03:56 PM   #2
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Guess well find out... Hopefully it's not the hard way... That'll suck!
Old 07-31-14, 07:03 AM   #3
Johnny82
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGenesis View Post
I purchased a set of ls400 calipers, have rebuilt them. Put all this work into them, got RCA's, I haven't yet gotten extra spacers, but will be putting my 15mm that I have in the rear, up front, and will replace the rear with 20mm which works out. But someone told me they didn't think that lowenhart LV1's in 18" with a spacer still wouldn't clear... Think or does anyone know if that may indeed be true? This is my wheel incase you aren't sure what it exactly looks like... Lol pretty sure everyone knows which ones they are.. But any feedback would be great guys. Thanks
I don't see why they wouldn't clear tha caliper. I've seen people run stock 16s with a spacer and clear the LS rotor and caliper upgrade just barely with the RCAs.
Johnny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 07:46 AM   #4
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Okay thanks for the reply, yea I've got 17mm RCA's and I've also got a set of 15mm spacers that I was going to throw up front taking them from the rear, and putting the 20mm in the rear. Issue I guess that I was told was the design of the actual spoke pattern, but I guess I'll find out shortly here once I get my brake lines in. I just can't recall the dam backspacing on my wheel, if I'm not mistaken, they were +43 all around, with now the 20mm spacers in rear which dam came out SO perfect, the 15's on the rear looked good, but I knew I wanted just that tad big more, and I just tossed the 20's on the rear, need to try the 15's up front. Just hoping it will be just right. Keeping em crossed. Thanks or the positivity my Man!
Old 07-31-14, 07:46 AM