Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein H-Tech JDM version on IS300 install

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-14, 12:02 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein H-Tech JDM version on IS300 install

It's been a month since the set has been installed in my car, initially I ordered swift from our local supplier here in the Philippines but it will take like 4-6mos from purchase in the states to shipping here in the Phils, so I decided tein since my friend got an extra set. The install was pretty straight forward as we know it to be, I was not expecting too much since reviews say swift has the best ride for a minimal loweing, though tein japan guarantees a stock like ride or you can return it, though that wouldn't happen. The Japan Spec H-techs has far different rates as compared to the US Spec

JDM Spec
Frt Rate: 5.4kg/mm (20mm Lowering)
Rr Rate: 5.8kg/mm (20mm Lowering)

US Spec
Frt Rate: 6.0kg/mm (25mm Lowering)
Rr Rate: 6.3kg/mm (16mm Lowering)

http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/high_tech.html

http://www.tein.co.jp/srch/eng_searc...ype=1&allvch=1

Ride Quality: Quite surpirsed since it near stock better on good roads and freeways here, stiffness is minimal , and is compliant in the roads here in the Philippines (we got really bad roads or poor quality built roads even though its paved, its still wavey and the patchwork is below average) But since it's near stock , the suspension reacts like the stock suspension. I could hear and feel the road more since the chassis is lowered its nearer to the ground.
8.5 out of 10 (Philippine Road Condition, if its the US this could be higher)

Performance: I still can take the freeway exits here in 80kmh though there is some roll as compared to the F-Sport springs and shocks and as if I'm driving on rails. This is a bonus already since I wanted just a slight lowering on the chassis while maintaining stock like ride
8 out of 10

Looks: I have to say this is the lowest in the rating as you can see it lowers the car 20mm all around thats around .8" inches in the US system and since the IS250/300/350 while stock has a reverse rake 4 fingers up front and 3 fingers rear on stock stance. On a level ground the stance is equal on the car all around its on the fender well looks like it has a reverse rake since the fender well of our 2IS has a bigger front compared the rear fenderwell. So on Tein H-Tech its around 2.5 fingers up front and 2 fingers exact in the rear. (LOL the finger measuring style)
8 out of 10 (10 of 10 is lowered no gap up front and 1 finger gap in the rear in which coils could only do or maybe H&R or Eibach 250)

Overall I'm satisfied on the ride quality, and still beats stock stance which has 4-5 fingers up front, would like to lower it more up front but I would be scraping my front bumper and under chassis in our types of roads

Before Pic (Stock Look)

With H-techs (Brightened on purpose to see the wheel gap)

Last edited by albertgoq; 06-28-14 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-28-14, 12:11 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Additional Pics

Old 06-30-14, 09:41 AM
littleyan9
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the clarity and sharpness of your pictures.

Great review! do you know if this would also work for the awd is250?
Old 06-30-14, 10:34 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Technically it should if its springs only but it's best to consult an aftermarket parts sipplier who carries tein to be sure

Originally Posted by littleyan9
I love the clarity and sharpness of your pictures.

Great review! do you know if this would also work for the awd is250?
Old 06-29-15, 05:48 AM
twizm
6th Gear

This review answers my questions for the H Tech springs. I didn't know that Tein Japan and Tein USA had different springs rates. I recently ordered the Tein US H Tech's for the IS300.

Are you still running on the OEM 17's released in the PH? I noticed, however that you've changed your grill. Nice!
Old 06-30-15, 12:30 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

changed the wheels to 18's already I just kept the 17's
Old 07-22-15, 08:32 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I've had the U.S. Tein H Techs on my IS350 for 50k miles and still rides smooth. It is a conservative drop. Sometimes I think I should have went with the S Techs instead or coils. Lol

Btw great pics OP.