Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

350 AWD lowering suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-14, 09:57 AM
amw896
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 AWD lowering suggestions

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions and opinions on lowering the 350awd as most threads are about the 250awd. I'm coming from a 250 rear drive and just can't deal with how high the awd's sit - looks like it's on stilts! I'm looking to drop to about a 2 finger gap, from the current 4. I believe the 2 fingers is where abouts the rear drives sit so that would be perfect. I'm thinking f sport springs without the shocks would be ideal. Has anyone else had this done?

Also, I would like the ride to be a bit firmer and eliminate some persistent bump steer. For some reason, the 250 rear drive seemed like a much better handling car....

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-20-14, 11:15 AM
minato
Pole Position

BC Coilovers
Old 06-20-14, 11:24 AM
amw896
Rookie

Originally Posted by minato
BC Coilovers
do you have these? I've been reading that there are vibration issues with the 250 awd's on coilovers.....

Not too sure about the 350's though.
Old 06-20-14, 05:51 PM
minato
Pole Position

yes I do and the 250 and 350 use the same suspension , at least thats what I know
I had vibration with them earlier on but I also had vibration when I was on stock (weird I know )
they have been good to me ever since I got them, I dont have vibrations anymore , nor the great wobble

I highly recommend coils over springs
Old 06-20-14, 07:39 PM
Set50
Rookie

Originally Posted by amw896
Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions and opinions on lowering the 350awd as most threads are about the 250awd. I'm coming from a 250 rear drive and just can't deal with how high the awd's sit - looks like it's on stilts! I'm looking to drop to about a 2 finger gap, from the current 4. I believe the 2 fingers is where abouts the rear drives sit so that would be perfect. I'm thinking f sport springs without the shocks would be ideal. Has anyone else had this done?

Also, I would like the ride to be a bit firmer and eliminate some persistent bump steer. For some reason, the 250 rear drive seemed like a much better handling car....

Thanks everyone!
Yea my car is also a 350 awd, current sitting on stock shocks with f-sport springs. I've had it since last year and nothing is wrong so far.

The drop is mild, I'll try and get some pictures for you tomorrow. The ride will be firmer and you will notice some difference when cornering. The drawback is when going over significantly large bumps, the re-bound or bounce is not very nice.....
Old 06-23-14, 07:55 AM
amw896
Rookie

Thanks guys! I also get a slight wobble at low speeds when im light on the gas - crazy weird! I thought the previous owner just banked some curbs or something. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-14-14, 06:05 AM
amw896
Rookie

Originally Posted by minato
BC Coilovers
So, I'm leaning more towards the coilovers the more I read about overall bang for your buck. The only issue that is deterring me away from these is some people are saying that these have to be rebuilt every 20-30k. Is this true? If so, what is involved in doing this? This is a pretty big issue for me as I put on this kind of mileage annually. Anyone have some experience with this?
Old 07-14-14, 11:28 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

So, I'm leaning more towards the coilovers the more I read about overall bang for your buck. The only issue that is deterring me away from these is some people are saying that these have to be rebuilt every 20-30k. Is this true? If so, what is involved in doing this? This is a pretty big issue for me as I put on this kind of mileage annually. Anyone have some experience with this?
If you go with something like BC racing you can rebuild the cartridge yourself real simple. As with any wear and tear item there no set mileage unit it needs replacing. I'm at 40k with my stance coilover and still holding up with out issues.
Old 07-14-14, 01:05 PM
amw896
Rookie

Originally Posted by laobo979
If you go with something like BC racing you can rebuild the cartridge yourself real simple. As with any wear and tear item there no set mileage unit it needs replacing. I'm at 40k with my stance coilover and still holding up with out issues.
sounds good!
Old 07-14-14, 01:10 PM
minato
Pole Position

Thats not true moreover BC's come with a 1yr warranty. I think , cant really remember though, but I have had mines for well over a year no issues . and Its my daily, snow rain, sun!!! holding strong
so as laobo979 said it all depends
Old 07-23-14, 11:24 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

you can always go springs. I have H&R's on mine, a little bouncy but they will do until I get some BC's. I had tein's on my previous 250AWD and liked them much better as far as ride goes.
Old 07-30-14, 05:22 AM
amw896
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
you can always go springs. I have H&R's on mine, a little bouncy but they will do until I get some BC's. I had tein's on my previous 250AWD and liked them much better as far as ride goes.

Awesome, thanks. How about cost for the springs? Lexus quoted like $1,100 for the install, materials included. I think at that price I would rather just get the coils. They mentioned it's like a 4 hour job.
Old 07-31-14, 12:11 PM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Awesome, thanks. How about cost for the springs? Lexus quoted like $1,100 for the install, materials included. I think at that price I would rather just get the coils. They mentioned it's like a 4 hour job.
springs will be $250-$300 depending on the brand and site you purchase it from (speaking as a buyer in the US). 4 hours is about right, but $1100 is quite high. Thats $800+ in labor. You could probably find a local mechanic that would charge half that
Old 11-12-14, 10:54 AM
SuuKaay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
I have a 250awd that I would love to drop would you suggest teins over bc? I am completely clueless. I used to have a honda on springs and hated the bounciness
Old 11-13-14, 01:00 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get h&r for awd

Quick Reply: 350 AWD lowering suggestions