Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Springs & Shocks

Old 06-16-14, 07:37 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Springs & Shocks

I was at the dealership last weekend getting some work done on my IS250 and I told my Service Advisor that I was thinking about getting F-Sport Springs and Shocks. He said he strongly recommends against doing that because several customers of his reporting issues with alignment, tire wear and other problems due to upgrading them them. I asked him if these were issues on vechles that come already equipped with F-Sport parts from the factory and he said no. He's always been honest with me and the dealership is really good with installing aftermarket enhancements for owners but he really felt strongly about going F-Sport on the suspension if the vehicles don't come from the factory with them pre-installed.

I'm not looking to drop the car super low and only want the gap reduced a bit. I want to maintain the smooth ride I'm used to but could tolerate something a little stiffer too. Are issues common with the F-Sport suspension when they are added after delivery?

Last edited by chicagoblknazn; 06-16-14 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-16-14, 07:51 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

If you are used to stock suspension you may want to look at there springs, Swiftsprings same as the F-sport srpings drop 1'' but according to reviews and feedback it give the most stock like comfort

http://www.swiftsprings.com/products...t-springs.html

f-sport is kinda stiff/firm but it handles the road like it's on rails
Old 06-16-14, 09:44 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm happy with F Sport suspension (springs/shocks/rear sway bar combination) on my IS350. It is smooth on daily driving and firm when I push hard at autocross.
Old 06-16-14, 10:09 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I'm happy with F Sport suspension (springs/shocks/rear sway bar combination) on my IS350. It is smooth on daily driving and firm when I push hard at autocross.
And you have no issues with alignment, uneven tire wear, etc.?
Old 06-16-14, 10:17 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1 week after installation, I did an alignment and everything was within specs. Make sure you ask the technician to put the toe at 0, then you should be good with tire.

I have no issue so far even after continuing driving it hard on autocross
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...b-for-fun.html

Last edited by FSportIS; 06-16-14 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-16-14, 10:48 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For 2IS.. your alignment spec should be this:

Toe
Front right: 0.04 degree
Front left: 0.04 degree

Toe
Rear right:0.12 degree
Rear left: 0.12 degree

Keep it at that spec and you should be fine. Cyrus aka JC Autohouse does my alignment. One of the best in Socal. Never had uneven wear when he does my alignment. GL

FYI: I've been on Fsport springs with oem shocks for 60k mileage with no issue.

Last edited by mong; 06-16-14 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-16-14, 10:56 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

This all applies to a IS350 AWD?

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 06-16-14, 10:58 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
This all applies to a IS350 AWD?

Thanks everyone for the help!
RWD.

I do notice alot of AWD 2is having alot of issues after lowering. You should do some more research on it. GL
Old 06-19-14, 05:06 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have f sport springs and shocks on my 08' is250 awd and i don't have any problems with uneven tire wear.. a proper alignment takes care of any issues the slight drop produces
Old 07-01-14, 09:02 AM
balanced
Driver

the only issue I had with alaignement is when Itook it to an inde shop and they told me they couldnt alighn it to factory specs...as my vehicle was still under CPO warranty, I took it to the dealership and they explained the f-sport alignment was different and they had used the one for the "standard" shocks and springs. (of couse) they charged me for a new alignement and all was good...except for the price.
Old 07-08-14, 08:49 PM
240M3SRT
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am considering doing fsport shocks and springs. My question is what(if any) parts get reused from the factory shocks. I don't mean like bolts, but rather the top hats and things of that nature. The idea is to keep my factory suspension in tact so that I could always swap it right back on one day if need be. I am willing to purchase any items that must be taken off the stock stuff in order to do the install.
Old 07-08-14, 08:56 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

curious on how tein h-tech springs would comply with f-sport shocks. I have a set sitting here in my garage, and would want to use it. As for tein H on stock shocks. It rides great in terms of comfortability close to stock, which are compliant in our roads bumps, dips, and poor road construction. Well I don't want to loose the stock like feel but these shocks are sitting in my garage and I'd rather use it or sell it. and I think the f-sport shocks seats lower with stock shocks and tein H springs
Old 07-10-14, 08:23 PM
240M3SRT
Rookie

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
I am considering doing fsport shocks and springs. My question is what(if any) parts get reused from the factory shocks. I don't mean like bolts, but rather the top hats and things of that nature. The idea is to keep my factory suspension in tact so that I could always swap it right back on one day if need be. I am willing to purchase any items that must be taken off the stock stuff in order to do the install.
Has nobody done their own shock/spring swap who might could advise me?
Old 07-11-14, 08:46 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't done this mod yet, but after reading the installation notes, it does seem that you reuse a few parts that you noted. Here is a link for an 07, but perusing their site will yield the model year you need if you have a different model year. They have installation guides for both RWD and AWD.
Old 07-15-14, 07:21 PM
240M3SRT
Rookie

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Has nobody done their own shock/spring swap who might could advise me?
Found out my answer, the parts that get reused if purchased separately total over $500. Guess I will be reusing the stock components afterall

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs & Shocks