Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Springs & Shocks

Old 07-16-14, 07:54 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
I was at the dealership last weekend getting some work done on my IS250 and I told my Service Advisor that I was thinking about getting F-Sport Springs and Shocks. He said he strongly recommends against doing that because several customers of his reporting issues with alignment, tire wear and other problems due to upgrading them them. I asked him if these were issues on vechles that come already equipped with F-Sport parts from the factory and he said no. He's always been honest with me and the dealership is really good with installing aftermarket enhancements for owners but he really felt strongly about going F-Sport on the suspension if the vehicles don't come from the factory with them pre-installed.

I'm not looking to drop the car super low and only want the gap reduced a bit. I want to maintain the smooth ride I'm used to but could tolerate something a little stiffer too. Are issues common with the F-Sport suspension when they are added after delivery?
What?

Okay first thing's first....F-Sport model =/= F-Sport accessories. No F-Sport 2IS models come factory installed with the F-Sport accessories springs and shocks (or any other F-Sport part for that matter).

Second, alignment......camber is already negative from factory. Get an alignment after you lower, get front toe both to 0, and rear toe to 0.10. With the drop of the F-Sport, you will get roughly -1 to -1.5 camber all around (after alignment)

Tire wear....get the Figs bushing....most tire wear issues are induced by improper toe specs, and the car is designed to go toe-in when you brake while turning. Braking = tire wear, toe in = tire wear, toe in while braking = more tire wear.

Last edited by reyoasian; 07-16-14 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-16-14, 10:01 PM
240M3SRT
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
What?

Okay first thing's first....F-Sport model =/= F-Sport accessories. No F-Sport 2IS models come factory installed with the F-Sport accessories springs and shocks (or any other F-Sport part for that matter).

Second, alignment......camber is already negative from factory. Get an alignment after you lower, get front toe both to 0, and rear toe to 0.10. With the drop of the F-Sport, you will get roughly -1 to -1.5 camber all around (after alignment)

Tire wear....get the Figs bushing....most tire wear issues are induced by improper toe specs, and the car is designed to go toe-in when you brake while turning. Braking = tire wear, toe in = tire wear, toe in while braking = more tire wear.
I must be the only member who has stated this to date, but the FIGS bushings made my car ride harsher than any car I have ever owned, worse than a civic with ricer APR coilovers, yes I did just go there lol, literally unreal, so bad that I actually sold the FIGS.

And this was on luxury pacake suspension