Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Corvette Z06 calipers and IS-F Rotors

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-14, 07:59 AM   #1
hcharlesc3
Rookie
Trader Score: (2)
 
hcharlesc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 94
Default Corvette Z06 calipers and IS-F Rotors

Has anyone tried this vette/isf BBK setup on the 2G gs? I searched and saw a few people talk about it but never post results. The brackets made by LRD bolt up to the sc300 with little to no modification. I ordered the caliper bracket from LRD and i'm going to be doing a test fit of all the parts to see if this is doable. If anyone has any tips or info please chime in. I will post picture of my progress.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
hcharlesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 08:58 AM   #2
clos430
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (17)
 
clos430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So.Cali
Posts: 1,127
clos430
Default

Ask Jeff, he's the go too man! He's the only one that I've seen do this. Check the bottom of the page.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...thread-14.html
__________________
clos430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:11 AM   #3
hcharlesc3
Rookie
Trader Score: (2)
 
hcharlesc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clos430 View Post
Ask Jeff, he's the go too man! He's the only one that I've seen do this. Check the bottom of the page.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...thread-14.html
Appreciate the link!
hcharlesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 04:17 PM   #4
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,303
anthonymichael34
Default

member Durrby in the SC section has the Vette BBK... i've personally seen it and it looks good.. You will need custom brackets...
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 08:55 PM   #5
tiger4life
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 910
Default

I have the brackets too. Get under there and let me know how it goes! The GS spindle is different because the ball joint is on the same side that the calipers mount. I could be wrong but based off of pics, I think:
1. The bracket will need to be trimmed at the top so it doesn't hit the spindle
2. RCA's will be required so the caliper or bracket doesn't hit the ball joint

I haven't actually gotten under the car and looked but it would be great if you would. Let us know how it goes! I really want to get this project done but I don't want to move past the brackets until I can find some high disc faces to redo my wheels (I don't want to run spacers).

Also, the brake lines attach to the z06 calipers, so as long as the bracket goes on and the caliper doesn't hit the ball joint, it will work.

Last edited by tiger4life; 06-12-14 at 08:58 PM..
tiger4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 08:56 PM   #6
tiger4life
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clos430 View Post
Ask Jeff, he's the go too man! He's the only one that I've seen do this. Check the bottom of the page.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...thread-14.html
Jeff did ISF calipers and I don't think he ever said how his bracket was made. The bracket is different though because ISF calipers are radial mount.
tiger4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:01 PM   #7
hcharlesc3
Rookie
Trader Score: (2)
 
hcharlesc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4life View Post
I have the brackets too. Get under there and let me know how it goes! The GS spindle is different because the ball joint is on the same side that the calipers mount. I could be wrong but based off of pics, I think:
1. The bracket will need to be trimmed at the top so it doesn't hit the spindle
2. RCA's will be required so the caliper or bracket doesn't hit the ball joint

I haven't actually gotten under the car and looked but it would be great if you would. Let us know how it goes! I really want to get this project done but I don't want to move past the brackets until I can find some high disc faces to redo my wheels (I don't want to run spacers).

Also, the brake lines attach to the z06 calipers, so as long as the bracket goes on and the caliper doesn't hit the ball joint, it will work.
I think because of the size of the rotor (around 14 inches) it should clear the lower ball joint. I do think spindle may get in the way but a quick shave will fix that. I should have everything I need to test fit the setup by next week Thursday. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited by hcharlesc3; 06-12-14 at 09:05 PM..
hcharlesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:25 PM   #8
tiger4life
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 910
Default

Hopefully it clears the ball joint, I don't fell like introducing rca's to the suspension. Please update us. If it works, I'll start hunting for some calipers.
tiger4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:35 PM   #9
hcharlesc3
Rookie
Trader Score: (2)
 
hcharlesc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4life View Post
Hopefully it clears the ball joint, I don't fell like introducing rca's to the suspension. Please update us. If it works, I'll start hunting for some calipers.
I'm not fond of rca's either... Heard some horrible stories about the bolts breaking.... If I had to I'll probably go with figs. His stuff looks like good quality.
hcharlesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:35 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
calipers, sc300, z06

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LA 08-14 cts-v 6 pot calipers tiger4life SC400 / 300 Classifieds 4 08-23-14 06:52 PM
IS F front rotors //LRD Suspension and Brakes 241 06-15-14 09:28 PM
IL WTB Z06 Caliper Brackets msbtt SC400 / 300 Classifieds 3 10-28-13 09:07 AM
FL ZO6 6piston BBK setup for SC/GS/IS/Supra S14eva1 SC400 / 300 Classifieds 2 02-21-13 05:03 PM
Anyone have a X" by 13" wheel on a stock body? camberSC SC 400/300 99 01-08-11 02:10 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info