Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 06:00 PM
slowlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Sucks????

Well I was thinking of getting Daizen Sway bars for my GS and I went to their website. It says:

I'm sorry, I am not carrying that particular product line anymore due to vendor not calling back.

-PDO Parts.

I guess Daizen is done?
Old 02-17-03, 06:34 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

I just checked there website and I did not read that anywhere.
Old 02-17-03, 07:50 PM
slowlex

I sent email to PDO parts which is their vendor.
Old 02-17-03, 09:43 PM
kjhouston
Rookie

I just got an email Monday from TMengineering and they said that they are having a problem with the powder coat process. There is nothing wrong with the sway bars, they just want to make sure they look right. He said that they should be available again in two to three weeks. If you email them they will keep you on a list and notify you when they are available again if you ask.

This is what they emailed to me:

"I would estimate 2-3 weeks, but that is just my guess. There were some serious complications with the cosmetics on the bars, and until those are fixed I think nothing is going to happen. The bars themselves had no problems though.

In comparison to everything else on the market, these are approx 20% softer than the TRD race bars, which are very good, but noticeably decrease ride quality. These are probably the stiffest you can go without causing any significant degradation of the ride.

The DST bars also have an adjustable rear feature, which no others do for this vehicle.

Another plus is that they come with polyurethane bushings, which help considerably in the effectiveness of the bars. They come with a special waterproof grease which pretty much alleviates any problems that most greases have with squeaking on urethane bushings.

They are also matched to the springs and struts that DST will be releasing in the Spring.

These seem to be the best suited for any street driven vehicle from what we've seen.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the inquiry!

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
Old 02-17-03, 10:38 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm PDO didn't carry the parts...I think that vendor list was old?!?!
Old 02-17-03, 11:24 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

Yes, that vendor list wasn't updated from previous.

More dealers are actually ready, but don't want to go public until they get some bars in stock...understandable from their point of view!

Fortune Gfroehrer
Old 02-17-03, 11:32 PM
slowlex

What else do you offer for my GS400. Who has it in stock and what are the prices.
Old 02-19-03, 01:47 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

Fortune, can you tell us more about the springs and struts that you are coming out with this spring, as Todd mentioned in his email to kjhouston?

Thanks.
Old 02-28-03, 12:52 PM
Daizen Sport Tuning
Former Sponsor

Ahh I see Todd is slipping with things he's not supposed to tell about!

Springs will be available in 2 varieties, a conservative 1-1.2" drop, and a more aggressive style in the 1.8-2" range.

We will also have shocks valved specifically for the springs, but not so aggressive that they cannot be used with stock springs. Extensive testing is currently being done to tailor the shock valving to civilized street driven vehicles, rather than trying to use a racetrack setting as most manufacturers do.

The shocks will also have a couple features that no others have, which should make them very appealing to the Lexus market as a whole. I cannot disclose those features at this time, but trust me you will be hard pressed to find shocks with these features and the price they will be sold at.

These parts are currently in testing and development right now, but this is almost done, the next step is tooling and sourcing for production. We'll keep you all posted as things get closer to market.

Thanks again for your support.

Fortune Gfroehrer
Old 02-28-03, 05:08 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Daizen Sport Tuning
Ahh I see Todd is slipping with things he's not supposed to tell about!

Springs will be available in 2 varieties, a conservative 1-1.2" drop, and a more aggressive style in the 1.8-2" range.

We will also have shocks valved specifically for the springs, but not so aggressive that they cannot be used with stock springs. Extensive testing is currently being done to tailor the shock valving to civilized street driven vehicles, rather than trying to use a racetrack setting as most manufacturers do.

The shocks will also have a couple features that no others have, which should make them very appealing to the Lexus market as a whole. I cannot disclose those features at this time, but trust me you will be hard pressed to find shocks with these features and the price they will be sold at.

These parts are currently in testing and development right now, but this is almost done, the next step is tooling and sourcing for production. We'll keep you all posted as things get closer to market.

Thanks again for your support.

Fortune Gfroehrer

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1