J5 AVS compatible coilover - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

J5 AVS compatible coilover

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-14, 11:33 AM   #1
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default J5 AVS compatible coilover

Here are few photos of the FIRST LEXUS IS F Sport AVS compatible coilovers for RWD

Mono tube design, 90% of the coilover is made out of 7075 aluminum stronger and lighter than your average 6061. Specially treated before being anodized = no corrosion.

Offered in either 12&10kg or 10&8kg or even your own custom spring rate upon availability and request.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 09:43 AM   #2
sam430
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
sam430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somewhere CA
Posts: 3,617
Default

So it's finally available? Who manufactures your spring because I've had good experience with swift?

Last edited by sam430; 06-01-14 at 09:55 AM.
sam430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 05:10 PM   #3
Mushi31
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 128
Default

Which is closer to stock spring rate? 12/10 or 10/8? I wonder who has them installed as id like to sit in it and check it out. i Live in LA where i dodge potholes left and right.
Mushi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 10:14 PM   #4
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam430 View Post
So it's finally available? Who manufactures your spring because I've had good experience with swift?
J5 utilizes a partnered factory in S. Korea and yes it is available.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 09:45 PM   #5
DjRiDe
Pole Position
 
DjRiDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 318
Default

When will they be available and how much? Please pm information - Thank you
DjRiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 05:30 AM   #6
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap
 
Mr_VFS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRiDe View Post
When will they be available and how much? Please pm information - Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5usa View Post
We are taking orders!
AWD will ship out in two weeks.

SPECIAL PRICE
Non AVS = $1650 free shipping, ship within one week
W/ AVS= $1750 free shipping, ship within two weeks

PM to place your order.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/susp...pension-5.html
Mr_VFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 12:19 PM   #7
DjRiDe
Pole Position
 
DjRiDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sternb818 View Post


thanks bro
DjRiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 12:09 PM   #8
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Benefit of 7075 Aluminum, every part of this coils except for the bolts,nuts, springs . and to show the benefit of this high grade aluminum .. strength and weight reduction.
[IMG][/IMG]
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 03:38 PM   #9
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Here's a quick video AVS working with our dampening. the clicks you here is not from our shock, its from the AVS module
[IMG][/IMG]

J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 05:25 PM   #10
unowned
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5usa View Post
how many dampening settings are on these coilovers? If it has more than 2 can you set which is the start for the "normal" setting? How many turns more does it make when moved to sport+?

Last edited by unowned; 06-16-14 at 05:29 PM.
unowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 10:02 AM   #11
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowned View Post
how many dampening settings are on these coilovers? If it has more than 2 can you set which is the start for the "normal" setting? How many turns more does it make when moved to sport+?
We are able to provide three positions as we need to leave room for the AVS to rotates as needed in sports + mode. after you have chosen the dampening position and install the AVS module, when set to sport+ mode the AVS module has max rotation of 110 degree which will turn as needed during your drive. Just because you set to sport+ mode doesnt mean your AVS module will turn automatically to maximum rotation of 110 degree.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Thank you
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 05:23 PM   #12
CTLG
Rookie
 
CTLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5usa View Post
We are able to provide three positions as we need to leave room for the AVS to rotates as needed in sports + mode. after you have chosen the dampening position and install the AVS module, when set to sport+ mode the AVS module has max rotation of 110 degree which will turn as needed during your drive. Just because you set to sport+ mode doesnt mean your AVS module will turn automatically to maximum rotation of 110 degree.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Thank you
Does the AVS system alter dampening in the "normal" or "sport" mode at all? Also, do you specifics on when the AVS increases dampening to maximum 110 deg in "Sport +" or otherwise?

I'm very interested in these coilovers. I happen to love the AVS system but don't totally understand how it is coded to work (Lexus isn't very clear on its exact operation". This info will go along way to helping setup these coilovers properly wen I do finally purchase them for my USDM IS350 FSport.
CTLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 11:17 PM   #13
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLG View Post
Does the AVS system alter dampening in the "normal" or "sport" mode at all? Also, do you specifics on when the AVS increases dampening to maximum 110 deg in "Sport +" or otherwise?

I'm very interested in these coilovers. I happen to love the AVS system but don't totally understand how it is coded to work (Lexus isn't very clear on its exact operation". This info will go along way to helping setup these coilovers properly wen I do finally purchase them for my USDM IS350 FSport.
AVS does not alter the dampening during the "normal or sport" it works during your sport+ mode.
it rotates max 110 degree when needed. as it stiffens your steering etc. Your AVS works together with other factors to provide a better handling during your more aggressive driving.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 11:47 PM   #14
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Here is a quick shot of our First Lexus IS Fsport AWD coilover.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 06:58 PM   #15
DoomBuggy
Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 87
Default

So its my understanding that all IS250s (even if F-Sport) do not have the AVS function, correct? Im already considering swapping out my springs for coils. My AWD just doesnt look low enough, even on Super Down RS-Rs.
DoomBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J5 AVS compatible coilover J5usa Suspension 48 10-06-15 05:02 PM
Fsport AWD on J5 AVS compatible coilovers J5usa Suspension and Brakes 7 12-19-14 10:53 PM
J5 suspension AWD, RWD AVS compatible coilover released J5usa Suspension 29 09-08-14 04:29 PM
J5 coilover special w/ FREE SHIPPING J5usa Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 7 07-11-14 02:41 PM
J5 suspension type JS coilover J5usa Suspension and Brakes 2 04-05-14 03:15 PM


Tags
avs, club, coilover, coilovers, gs, j5, lexus, sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved