Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Vs KW coilover Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 03:11 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Vs KW coilover Help

Hello ….new to Club Lexus…… i recently bough a 98 gs400 and i want to lower it on some coil over and the two name i looking at are tein street comfort with (16-levels) EDFC… and i don't know if KW suspension make anything for Gs400 with EDFC but i hear they are really good… any suggestion or if other companies make Coilover for Gs400 with EDFC please let me know….
Old 05-20-14, 05:18 PM
Grobg
Driver School Candidate

i am currently running the tein comforts on my GS and KW V2 on my vr6 swapped mk2 golf. both very good coilovers. if looking for a comfortable ride for the GS, i HIGHLY recommend the tein comfort. only problem is that you cant "slam" the car. but you can lower it quite a bit and still have a comfy ride, i dint feel like i needed the EDFC kit, so i cant chime in on that.

as for the KW, im not sure if they offer anything for the GS, but they are awesome for track use. nice and stiff. i have never drove a car that has performed so well around a track with the KW coilovers.

hope this helped a bit
Old 05-20-14, 09:05 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Grobg
i am currently running the tein comforts on my GS and KW V2 on my vr6 swapped mk2 golf. both very good coilovers. if looking for a comfortable ride for the GS, i HIGHLY recommend the tein comfort. only problem is that you cant "slam" the car. but you can lower it quite a bit and still have a comfy ride, i dint feel like i needed the EDFC kit, so i cant chime in on that.

as for the KW, im not sure if they offer anything for the GS, but they are awesome for track use. nice and stiff. i have never drove a car that has performed so well around a track with the KW coilovers.

hope this helped a bit
well that 1 up for tein , btw i wound want to slam the car anyway for the reason the northeast road over here are terrible.. thanks for the reply
Old 05-21-14, 12:56 PM
Grobg
Driver School Candidate

same reason i didnt car for being low. lol. i still lowered it all the way though . its not that low. just enough to fill that wheel well with tire. still rides good with the crappy roads i drive every day
Old 05-21-14, 01:11 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Good to know… do you also have Wheels on your car? if so what size are they? I'm diffidently go for some 19 with the biggest tires i can put it on with out any rubbing ….. i saw someone with Lexus Rx350 wheels on there 2nd GS and 3rd Gs look really nice…..

Here the link:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...psdc2107f7.jpg
Old 05-21-14, 01:22 PM
fifan74
Driver School Candidate

I bought theses and absloutly love them 32 way adjustable.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-SPORT...item51b2f78a1b
Old 05-21-14, 01:34 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

@fifan74 Who made them? it didn't cost much at all……
Old 05-21-14, 02:36 PM
MotoEvo
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also think the Tein CS are great for a daily driver. They don't ride harsh at all even on the stiffest setting. If you pair them with sway bars, you'll have decent cornering capabilities. My wife uses the GS as a daily and she has never complained about the suspension being too harsh. She hated my Datsun Z and Supra, but the Tein CS are able to maintain the luxury aspect of the car while improving cornering abilities a little.
Old 05-22-14, 09:12 AM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MotoEvo
I also think the Tein CS are great for a daily driver. They don't ride harsh at all even on the stiffest setting. If you pair them with sway bars, you'll have decent cornering capabilities. My wife uses the GS as a daily and she has never complained about the suspension being too harsh. She hated my Datsun Z and Supra, but the Tein CS are able to maintain the luxury aspect of the car while improving cornering abilities a little.
I'll differently to for the Tein CS,but it gonna be the end of this summer for me to get it, but i will get it LOL , i just want some quality coil over but won't break my budget if anything goes over to two gran i might just go for Air ride. I Just pick this car up lest then two week and it only have 67K mile on it and i plan to keep it for very long time ….. talking about Harsh riding car! my 2004 G35x sedan ride like ***** …. i do have it lower on Tein H-spec spring tho , and that will be my last nissan (infiniti) for me ever…...
Old 05-22-14, 11:47 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

I had the tein flex with edfc and it was terrible. I have owned lots of different coilovers and tein was the lowest quality ride of them all.
Old 05-22-14, 03:56 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
I had the tein flex with edfc and it was terrible. I have owned lots of different coilovers and tein was the lowest quality ride of them all.
So what is your recommend beside Tein?
Old 05-22-14, 06:57 PM
Grobg
Driver School Candidate

the tein CS will ride much better than the FLEX.

here is mine all the way low on redrilled bmw wheels. 9X19 front et-24 and 10X19 rear et-24
with rolled fenders i am running 235 40 tires in front and 245 40 in the rear. almost no negative camber as i wanted this setup to be as practical as possible.

Old 05-23-14, 12:44 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

@Grobg that is sexy !!!!!! wow! … I'm differently Get Lexus RX350 19" wheel now!!!!! thanks for the picture!!!
Old 05-23-14, 01:01 PM
Grobg
Driver School Candidate

haha thanks. yeah 19s seem to be the sweet spot with the wheel well fitment
Old 05-26-14, 07:37 AM
fifan74
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...coilovers.html

this is the writ up i did on them, 6th setting from the softest and its still a more plush ride than stock, i will be changing it to the 8th this week. amazing ride quality and the build quality of them is top notch.

Quick Reply: Tein Vs KW coilover Help