Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which brake lines for Supra TT Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 03:38 PM
Mike-GS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which brake lines for Supra TT Calipers

I'm thinking of upgrading my GS400 stock calipers to Supra TT calipers. From everything I've read, the Supra TT calipers fit without any modifications (other than the dust shield). Is this true also for the brake lines? I want to upgrade to Goodrich stainless steel lines and the shop told me that I should purchase Goodrich lines designed for the Supra TT and not the GS for a proper fit. The shop also said that the Goodrich lines for a Supra TT may not be compatiable with the rear stock GS calipers. Can anyone tell me whether this is correct? Which Goodrich lines should I purchase, Supra TT or GS? If Supra TT, is it true that the rear lines won't work with the stock GS rear calipers?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-18-12, 12:51 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

yea i reused my OEM brake lines
Old 04-18-12, 07:00 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From everything I've read, the Supra TT calipers fit without any modifications (other than the dust shield).
So, you DO still have to either cut or just bend the dust shields out of the way when installing the Supra calipers, as well (as the LS400)? I wasn't sure.

Not a big deal at all, just wanted to know.

ALSO- I really need to if the SC300/400 (stainless) brakes lines are the same/will fit on the 2GS.

or, are the best brake lines to buy, just NEW stainless lines that are for the 2GS ?
Old 04-20-12, 03:19 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i bent mine to fit. didnt have a dremel on hand at the time so i just took some pliers n started to roll them till they cleared.
Old 04-24-12, 02:34 PM
Mike-GS400
Driver School Candidate

For those that decided to bend back the brake dust shield on their 2GS, did you experience any problems later, such as with the shield rubbing? And how much did you bend back?

I read that for SC owners, they can replace their stock dust shield with the larger Supra TT dust shield. Has anyone try to do this with the 2GS or know whether the Supra TT dust shield will fit the 2GS without modifications?
Old 07-16-12, 06:25 AM
christodav
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can of chassis paint small angle grinder and 5-10mins of bending with pliers.Easy.
Old 07-28-12, 01:45 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Use the GS brake lines whether you go to Supra or LS calipers. I upgraded to the LS calipers and had to bend the shield and luckily I had a angle grinder because I need to cut off a corner on the bottom of the shield. I highly recommend upgrading to stainless lines since everything is apart and you'll need to bleed anyways. there is a drastic difference in pressure. Some people may argue otherwise but stainless lines don't expand like the rubber ones so it will provide more pressure and faster braking response. I could not believe the huge difference and how little pressure i need to apply now compared to before.

BTW I just noticed you mentioned the rears. Supra rear calipers are not a direct swap and not worth the trouble for essentially the same pay off.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 07-28-12 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-24-15, 07:55 AM
navi243
Rookie

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Use the GS brake lines whether you go to Supra or LS calipers. I upgraded to the LS calipers and had to bend the shield and luckily I had a angle grinder because I need to cut off a corner on the bottom of the shield. I highly recommend upgrading to stainless lines since everything is apart and you'll need to bleed anyways. there is a drastic difference in pressure. Some people may argue otherwise but stainless lines don't expand like the rubber ones so it will provide more pressure and faster braking response. I could not believe the huge difference and how little pressure i need to apply now compared to before.

BTW I just noticed you mentioned the rears. Supra rear calipers are not a direct swap and not worth the trouble for essentially the same pay off.
When choosing stainless lines, did you buy GS300 stainless lines, SC300 lines or Supra Lines? I am going with stainless lines on all 4 corners

Last edited by navi243; 03-24-15 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-24-15, 09:50 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by navi243
When choosing stainless lines, did you buy GS300 stainless lines, SC300 lines or Supra Lines? I am going with stainless lines on all 4 corners
He said it in his first sentence... but use GS lines. I used the Goodridge ss lines with my LS400 caliper swap.