Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 02:37 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
Wow nice buddy I was going to purchase a set just to check the quality, and if they seemed legit, I woulda just hung on to them, if they were trash, woulda shipped them straight back. Sorry for those who have been asking for the link. For some reason I wasn't subscribed to my own thread? I didn't see anyone replying my apologies. I'll post it incase anyone's interested after his update^^
Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131172613897

BLACK Front Adjustable Camber Kits fit Lexus98-00 GS400/98-00 GS400 Base Sedan4D

That's them! Now all you got to do is take some red spray paint, paint those boots up and slap a SPC sticker on those puppies and they should perform just the same! New "Hardware hacking" is what it's called... Works great! FYI ladies and gentlemen they are now available in all colors, Blue! Green! YELLOW! Orange! Red! PURPLE! SPC! BLACK! AND RAINBOW!
Old 07-06-14, 09:23 AM
pdxgs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got mine in...the silver ones! The arms definitely look solid enough for the application, all welds look to have good penetration. The balljoint looks up to par, functions like any other balljoint I've seen.

The balljoint is custom for the arm...it has notches for castor and the slide for camber adjustment. If the balljoint went bad, it would looks like you would need a new one from EMUSA. The SPC balljoint might fit it, they look pretty similar.

It will probably be a week or two until I can get them on...I'll post feedback once they're on the car.
Old 07-13-14, 06:02 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pdxgs
Just got mine in...the silver ones! The arms definitely look solid enough for the application, all welds look to have good penetration. The balljoint looks up to par, functions like any other balljoint I've seen.

The balljoint is custom for the arm...it has notches for castor and the slide for camber adjustment. If the balljoint went bad, it would looks like you would need a new one from EMUSA. The SPC balljoint might fit it, they look pretty similar.

It will probably be a week or two until I can get them on...I'll post feedback once they're on the car.
No s***? Wow trip on that huh! Yea I wonder if you could swap the ball joints with SPC's or not, if it's not to much to ask, would you mind getting some detailed photo's of the ball joints? Or just the arms all together, I'm curious if the BJ is the same as SPC, anyhow, I dunno I'd prob still plate those arms up anyhow hahaha
Old 07-30-14, 07:39 PM
Nohawk Lex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in these bad boys' qualities myself. EMUSA is more known around S chassis Nissans for basically affordable mods. Quality is similar to Megan's to what I've heard.
Old 07-31-14, 02:06 PM
rofflehous
Driver

In for more info
Old 08-05-14, 12:49 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rofflehous
In for more info
Suprised he hasn't replied yet, he sent me a PM saying they were def. Solid and GTG, said he was going to be installing them soon. Also said the ball joints seemed solid and that they very much look like they could be swapped with SPC's say if they went bad and it's indeed true, could MAYBE just swap to a SPC ball joint. But not sure. Honestly, I don't see a company making arms with BJ's and offering them to the public unless they were put through some type of stress test. They've got peoples lives in the hands of the integrity of there product. If someone doesn't have the wallet for SPC's but has room for adjustment, lol, I'd say for $100 try em out. They aren't going to bust on anyone within a year that's for sure, these aren't desert trucks, they are street driven Lexus's and certainly not track rapped cars otherwise you'd probably not be on this page anyhow.
Old 08-13-14, 09:35 AM
freshmoney
Driver

Originally Posted by pdxgs

Have you installed these and how do they feel.
Old 08-14-14, 12:35 PM
Ar1st0
Driver School Candidate

Just bought a set of megan's upper arm which is on amazon for 269 shipped right now. I would have gave these a try if I saw this thread first to save 170 bucks.
Old 08-15-14, 03:29 AM
teeekuuu
Driver School Candidate

Guys, the nut on top of it looks like it's not very safe and secure, or does it have teeh underneath? Anyone mind taking a pick of the actual BJ and the nut etc. ? Looks as if it should have teeth underneath to secure it in place, or needs some weld there.
Old 08-16-14, 04:30 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by teeekuuu
Guys, the nut on top of it looks like it's not very safe and secure, or does it have teeh underneath? Anyone mind taking a pick of the actual BJ and the nut etc. ? Looks as if it should have teeth underneath to secure it in place, or needs some weld there.
Lol man, try and hold off on the way you phrase your allegations there almost as if you had a set in front of you, I almost, after reading just your first sentence, thank god I read on, was about to hit the X.... Explain to me please in detail how these in fact, to you, look so significantly different to SPC's that you deem them dangerous yet ask if someone can validate a claim of yours strictly from observation, yet an unclear one... Hahaha honesty no disrespect, I believe you should just delete that entire comment and try asking what you may be concerned about in a more appropriate manner rather than such a blatantly biased and misleading approach to it, it's really just not fair to the source, and to those who may stop by... Just sayin....
Old 08-24-14, 12:38 PM
boostedsi
Driver

I bought a set of these and they look pretty good, welds seem up to par, ball joint feels good, I'll install these this week and actually let you know how they work, but i think there bang on for the money!
Old 08-24-14, 06:05 PM
freshmoney
Driver

My set just came in a few days ago.... everything looks solid..

Old 08-24-14, 06:08 PM
freshmoney
Driver

Originally Posted by boostedsi
I bought a set of these and they look pretty good, welds seem up to par, ball joint feels good, I'll install these this week and actually let you know how they work, but i think there bang on for the money!
Hey does your washer with teeth on the bottom move???? i have one that does and one that doesnt

Old 08-24-14, 06:25 PM
boostedsi
Driver

no both of mine move freely, i did notice one thing though , when i looked at the holes in the one arm i had there was some extra rubber that i guess they forgot to remove in there great quality control department lol

i hope to have these on this week, just waiting on my buddy to lend me his pitman arm puller
Old 08-25-14, 03:07 AM
teeekuuu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
Lol man, try and hold off on the way you phrase your allegations there almost as if you had a set in front of you, I almost, after reading just your first sentence, thank god I read on, was about to hit the X.... Explain to me please in detail how these in fact, to you, look so significantly different to SPC's that you deem them dangerous yet ask if someone can validate a claim of yours strictly from observation, yet an unclear one... Hahaha honesty no disrespect, I believe you should just delete that entire comment and try asking what you may be concerned about in a more appropriate manner rather than such a blatantly biased and misleading approach to it, it's really just not fair to the source, and to those who may stop by... Just sayin....
I'm sorry if I sounded offensive in any way, english is not my first language and I guess i expressed myself rather rude or something. All i want to know, is how the top nut sercure itself in place. Im looking at the OEM ones for 70 eur a piece or these, which have replaceable ball joints and I wonder if I should go with these or the OEM ones. The price with shipping will be the same, only the fact that I can replace ball joints feels like a lot more for the same price. Sorry again if you felt that my comment was rude or something, I surely didn't want it to sound like it is.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?