Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 05:07 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmf2004
your right.. i was questioning that earlier thinking the quality and integrity isn't like the Megans or newer SPC's but i could be wrong.. they could turn out to be great with adjustability...
See that's very true! We don't know really, like the guy previous to you mentioned they are almost identical to the gen 1 SPC's honestly, it's just the integrity of those ball joints I and really weary about... As far as the other guy, well it's not a matter of "if you can't afford it"... I've got my summer wheels that are worth more than my car, he'll let alone the wheels I just threw on as well! But there's nothig wrong with saving some money if the product indeed delivers what it's supposed to. That'd be like saying well if your going to get suspension, why would you put on coilovers, if you can't afford a full air system you shouldn't drop your car... C'mon...
Old 05-21-14, 05:11 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

But the guy did reply to me! Yea the stuffs made in china... Hahaha but I was reading some reviews on there turbo kits and what not, just to get a feel for the company, and people said yea it's ebay ****... Don't waste your money... But then the reviews on how the turbo's were balanced and all and actually were holding up very well surprised me! If I can see a set in font of me and feel those ball joints... Id make a decision... $95 almost ain't bad to swallow to share the info with the community honestly. I'd plate these no doubt in my own way, but still they weren't made to break...
Old 05-21-14, 05:14 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

You know what, the company on ebay, (the company that actually makes the arm's) has already sold them to people obviously, I'm going to try as look through the customer reviews and see if I can track down the ones that actually bought these arms, if I can and just ask them how they are..

Last edited by GSGenesis; 05-21-14 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-21-14, 09:58 PM
josey88
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... just remember that you always get what you pay for .
A part like that , so crucial to the suspension and steering must be quality made . If that thing breaks and you don`t hit anything while driving , the damage still will be huge ... wheel , fender perhaps , who knows !!!
But perhaps I am wrong , although I doubt it !!!
I would never install a "mickey mouse " part on my GS , specially on the suspension or steering .
Old 05-22-14, 12:35 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

You do not always get what you pay for... if you believe that, go read a few posts down about someone's experience with Tein Street Flex coilovers; then, go read a few posts above this one about Moog ball joints, which cost less than OEM. There will always be exceptions.

That being said, I'm not endorsing these either as I purchased the SPCs. I'm just saying that you shouldn't put something down before you know for sure whether it's quality or crap. Some companies just retail their products more expensive because they can, not because it cost so-and-so amount for research, testing, etc.
Old 05-22-14, 06:37 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not seeing this part available?
Old 05-22-14, 06:55 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

Originally Posted by repugnante
garbage......I know I seem like a broken record but, we really shouldn't be cheaping out on this part. If you can't afford it, then why buy this car in the first place? Like buying a Mercedes AMG and struggling to buy parts for them because they're too expensive.
But heres the thing, the 2GS is getting very low in cost to buy. I picked up mine for 5,300. Ive seen gs300s for even cheaper. Granted i needed to fix a few things like my timing belt, driver seat bushing, front suspension rubber, and fix a brake pulsing issue from stock diameter drilled and slotted rotors, but outside that its been a great solid car. Even with 230k on it. Im not saying parts should be dirt cheap but they shouldnt be painfully expensive either. For some though there should be a line in the sand as to how much a part should be. Some parts can be replaced on the cheap but parts that have your life in the balance need to be of unarguable quality.
Old 05-24-14, 10:13 PM
jaaasanGs3
Driver School Candidate

I'm purchasing a set in just to see quality of ball joints
Old 05-25-14, 09:38 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Absolutely VERY SKETCHY looking buddy, I would seriously reconsider because your life is more important...
Old 06-29-14, 11:12 AM
vaki2
Pole Position

Did anyone purchase these?

-n-
Old 06-29-14, 01:59 PM
pdxgs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone provide a link to these? Or the seller ID? I can't find them on ebay.
Old 06-29-14, 03:02 PM
vaki2
Pole Position

You have to look for lexus GS camber kit. Look for ebay ID: 161282449577
Old 06-29-14, 04:33 PM
pdxgs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you, just bought some. The design looks identical to SPC's flat-bar design. The ball joint can be replaced on these if they go bad. If I don't like the quality when I get them, I'll just return them.

I'm running some EMUSA swaybars and have no complaints at all.
Old 06-29-14, 05:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxgs
Thank you, just bought some. The design looks identical to SPC's flat-bar design. The ball joint can be replaced on these if they go bad. If I don't like the quality when I get them, I'll just return them.

I'm running some EMUSA swaybars and have no complaints at all.
wish i could find a set of Emusa's...
Old 07-02-14, 02:28 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Wow nice buddy I was going to purchase a set just to check the quality, and if they seemed legit, I woulda just hung on to them, if they were trash, woulda shipped them straight back. Sorry for those who have been asking for the link. For some reason I wasn't subscribed to my own thread? I didn't see anyone replying my apologies. I'll post it incase anyone's interested after his update^^

Quick Reply: Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?