Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

best air ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-14, 07:32 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking best air ride

thinking bout selling my coils and going to air. whats the best brand out there that won't break my bank...for the most part. I want good ride quality but still want to be able to corner fine.
thanks in advance
Old 05-18-14, 07:42 PM
redsun
Driver School Candidate

Depends on budget air isnt cheap. Air runner is probably the most comfortable but most expensive. Air Rex is supposed to be good. Can always do uas bag over coils. My bag over coils rides pretty much like my bc coils rode.
Old 05-18-14, 07:45 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

really? how much did those run you?
Old 05-18-14, 09:24 PM
LexusGuyyy
Rookie

Can't go wrong with piecing your own setup, I purchased a custom setup kit, Ksport Bag over Coils, dual Air Zenith OB2 compressors and a 5 gallon tank with water traps with Accuair management system
Old 05-18-14, 11:40 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

thats what im starting to think. wheres a good place to start looking for bag overs for my bc racing coilovers?
Old 05-18-14, 11:59 PM
redsun
Driver School Candidate

If you want to do bag over coils you have a few options
1.) Universal air suspension full kit. Note: For Bc Racing coils you have to send in your rears to have them modified and you need to buy gauges to know your bags pressures.
http://www.universalairsuspension.co...cls-p-129.html

2.) Sell your Bc's and buy from bag riders. Their bag over coils kits come with function and form coilovers and come with what ever air management you decide to go with.
http://bagriders.com/modlab/categori...806%252d12%29/

3.) What I chose to do. Bought bags and brackets from universal air suspension and had them modify my rear bc coilovers and then bought air air management package from bag riders.
http://bagriders.com/modlab/categori...AGEMENT-PACKS/
Old 05-19-14, 04:12 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

There are quite a few companies that make good kits. I personally like my kit from Accuair, Theirs includes their management and D2 struts that are great quality and ride just as comfortable as stock....I could not be happier. If you have the time and knowledge you can piece together a kit for a decent price but I just wanted a worry free buying experence and I didn't want to go cheap.
Old 05-19-14, 11:52 AM
jennie
Pole Position

My friend has UAS bags on HKS coilovers + Autopilot management.

I would do the same set up but would go with Accuair + E level since there's a lot of variation in height if you're just basing it off psi. With the E level you get the same height every time. It will break your bank though.
Old 05-19-14, 12:10 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Whatever you do, just use accuair for air management if you want the best.

For the bags themselves, a lot of the bags over coil setups (like KSport, Air force, UAS over coils, etc) are all similar. Air Runners are fixed i believe (they are just struts with bags integrated, no coilover so no fine tuning height/ride pressure with that kind of setup.

I have KSport bags/coils with accuair management and love it. The KSport bags are sleeved so they are arent bellowed/double bellowed/TRIPLE bellowed like some kits... Sleeves really help with tire clearance, with the added negative camber i run front and rear i really needed the space.
Old 05-19-14, 12:19 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Whatever you do, just use accuair for air management if you want the best.

For the bags themselves, a lot of the bags over coil setups (like KSport, Air force, UAS over coils, etc) are all similar. Air Runners are fixed i believe (they are just struts with bags integrated, no coilover so no fine tuning height/ride pressure with that kind of setup.

I have KSport bags/coils with accuair management and love it. The KSport bags are sleeved so they are arent bellowed/double bellowed/TRIPLE bellowed like some kits... Sleeves really help with tire clearance, with the added negative camber i run front and rear i really needed the space.
I agree, you can not go wrong with accuair. I spoke with Zack from UAS awhile back when I was getting new coils for my setup. He told me if you wanted to do a BC coil over bags setup you would need to mod the top half of the coils and had to weld the bracket onto the coils or something along those lines. I would give UAS a call if you want to go that route, they would be more then happy to explain everything to you.
Old 05-19-14, 12:31 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Is it just the rear or the front also? I know the inverted strut makes things a little more difficult, just like the GS.
Old 05-19-14, 12:43 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea my D2's are all sleeved too and have the dampening and height adjustability like a coilover

Old 05-19-14, 12:56 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty sure it was the rear that needed modding
Old 05-19-14, 03:13 PM
redsun
Driver School Candidate

Its just rear for uas that need to be modified. These are pics uas provided as an example.

These are my bc coils after being modifed and assembled.
Old 05-19-14, 05:26 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

did you ride just on the bc coils before you got the air on it? hows the ride difference?

Quick Reply: best air ride