Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dealer checked brake pads and rotors said they're ok. Pedal not working now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-14, 06:54 PM
Jvgs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer checked brake pads and rotors said they're ok. Pedal not working now.

Need help just went to my local Lexus dealer. Asked them to inspect my brake pad thickness and change if necessary. Also the rotors would need to be changed as well since they were cut for the last time when pads got changed. Also a tire rotation and balance and oil change was done. According to this dealership my pads and rotors were still ok. So I picked up my car and proceeded home. This is where I need Help on the way home I go to hit my brakes and the pedal goes to the floor almost. This has never happened before. This falty brake pedal has happened a few times everyday since I ve gotten the car back i pump the pedal and eventually the cars brakes kick into gear and slow the car down. So I'm asking what the F did they do to my car. Did they put air in my lines when they inspected the brakes pads or did they forget to reconnect something possibly.?
I have checked for leaks nothing is wet and my fluid is full under the hood.

Can I blame them? It will be a week tommorrow since I've been there.

I hope a sensor/booster/master cylinder hasn't blown than I would be screwed.

Please help

Thanks

2000 gs3 mil silver 99.6k all stock

Last edited by Jvgs300; 05-11-14 at 06:56 PM. Reason: S
Old 05-11-14, 11:55 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hard to blame them after a week has gone by unless you contacted them the same day when you pick'd up your car at the dealership.

I would bleed the brake lines myself...also check if the pistons aren't seized up.

Pete
Old 05-12-14, 07:20 AM
Jvgs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I didnt think that I could blame them unless I turned around and went back that day.
The pedal doesn't go to the floor all the time so I think It might be just some air in the lines too
I plan on changing brake pad and rotors soon with a buddy who is a mechanic wil keep it in mind to check the pistons as well.

Thanks for heads up.