Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: D2 RS or BC BR
D2
20.00%
BC
80.00%
Other (comment your option)
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

BC Racing Coils BR type

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-14, 10:56 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts
Default BC BR vs D2 RS Suspension

Alright so after some discussion it looks like my main two choices are D2 RS and BC BR. I added a poll to use for votes. Reply and vote on what you think i should get, i will take all the feedback into account and pull the trigger once i have the money.

Once again any additional options are welcome as long as they are in a reasonable price range.

Thanks again for the help guys.

ORIGINAL THREAD:
Hi guys,

ok so i know this topic has been discussed to death. I've done all the research about it and now i need some more info.

My current (stock) suspension on my SC is pretty much done. I need new suspension and i plan on getting it sometime over the summer once i have the funds.

My top choice at the moment is BC Racing BR type coils. I've heard good things about it and i was wondering if there are members here who have dealt with these coils personally and can tell me how they are.

Im not looking for track performance but cornering and stability on the road is important.
Also if there are any other suspension kits that are in the similar price range let me know.

thanks

Last edited by - V -; 05-07-14 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-03-14, 12:18 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vteruni
Hi guys,

ok so i know this topic has been discussed to death. I've done all the research about it and now i need some more info.

My current (stock) suspension on my SC is pretty much done. I need new suspension and i plan on getting it sometime over the summer once i have the funds.

My top choice at the moment is BC Racing BR type coils. I've heard good things about it and i was wondering if there are members here who have dealt with these coils personally and can tell me how they are.

Im not looking for track performance but cornering and stability on the road is important.
Also if there are any other suspension kits that are in the similar price range let me know.

thanks
Drifting around here is pretty much all on BC's. I feel like my D2's are more tolerable.
Old 05-03-14, 12:29 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I admit, I have limited basis for comparison. On my car I only know my old worn stock suspension and my BC coils but I can't imagine being happier with the performance of these coils. I don't drift or track the car but I do drive it like someone is chasing me on really challenging roads every chance I get. Keeping the car under control is effortless and predictable. I run full stiff some of the time in NYC and rough pavement is jarring as one would expect but man, hitting the twisty roads at twice my former speed is a blast.
Old 05-03-14, 12:37 PM
- V -
Instructor

I dont track that often so i dont want anything too stiff. from comparing the spring rates on the stock suspension i think something along the 10k/8k or even 10k/6k would be acceptable. BC offers the swift springs which i may get if the stock 12k/8k is too stiff for me.

ArkLaTexSC:
i did a quick search for D2 and came up with 2 different websites:
D2 Racing and D2 Racing Sport

i dont think they are the same company as the prices for the suspension parts are different.
Which is the D2 that you are talking about?
EDIT: i think i figured out which is which. I'm assuming you have the RS series. Quick price check and it looks like they are the same price, but from what i read so far, D2 are better quality, but i cant find any spring rates. Are they custom order?

Last edited by - V -; 05-03-14 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 12:51 PM
- V -
Instructor

Bump.... Still looking. All input appreciated
Old 05-04-14, 04:14 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vteruni
I dont track that often so i dont want anything too stiff. from comparing the spring rates on the stock suspension i think something along the 10k/8k or even 10k/6k would be acceptable. BC offers the swift springs which i may get if the stock 12k/8k is too stiff for me.

ArkLaTexSC:
i did a quick search for D2 and came up with 2 different websites:
D2 Racing and D2 Racing Sport

i dont think they are the same company as the prices for the suspension parts are different.
Which is the D2 that you are talking about?
EDIT: i think i figured out which is which. I'm assuming you have the RS series. Quick price check and it looks like they are the same price, but from what i read so far, D2 are better quality, but i cant find any spring rates. Are they custom order?
Looking through the pair of booklets I received, among the various offers for other equipment (including shocking things available for SC's like 421mm, 8 piston brakes [wow]) the only reference to spring rates of the RS (also called Street apparently) is that the rates are "the most perfect springs rates and remain the 70% comfort."

What this actually means, I haven't a clue, but driving on some of the worst roads in the nation (Shreveport) with full soft it is quite superior to my friends with BC and PBM 240's - albeit a lot of that also probably has to do with the weight difference.

The difference you reference is the marketing branch of D2 and the actual racing team, which are not separate.

Edit: Looking online, I found spring rates for RS from an Integra site. I don't know whether it's the same, but 15F / 9R.

Last edited by ArkLaTexSC; 05-04-14 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-05-14, 12:26 AM
- V -
Instructor

thanks for the info. good to know that street and rs are the same product because the rs is $1500($950 after almost constant discount) and the streets are $890 directly from the company. hopefully i can find them somewhere for cheaper than that.

I have a few specific questions about the suspension. i sent you a PM with them. Looking forward to the reply.

If anyone else has any suggestions about this. please let me know

thanks
Old 05-05-14, 10:03 PM
941tuned
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the BR coil overs 3 months ago and I love them. The ride is great and I have had no problems with them at all.

I bought mine from enjuku racing and they gave me a pretty good deal. If you have the money then go for them!
Old 05-06-14, 12:17 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go for BC or PBM coil overs. I've been on BC with custom spring rates for 2 years now and have had no issues at all, ride quality still the same, and not a single new noise.
Old 05-06-14, 08:46 PM
- V -
Instructor

2 years on the same coils? nice.
would you mind telling me what spring rates you have?
i checked out the pbm coils, unfortunately $1000+shipping is a bit too much for me. trying to stay under 1k as much as possible. Also they seem pretty stiff with 18k/12k springs

Last edited by - V -; 05-06-14 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-06-14, 08:59 PM
Boost_lee
Rookie

not to jump on the wagon but I myself have BC's and they really are the best imo. I have mk4 supra BC and 14k front 10k rears...theyre amazing. from soft to stiff is insanely noticeable.
Old 05-06-14, 11:57 PM
- V -
Instructor

alright well it looks like my choices are narrowed down to BC and D2. im gonna change up the original thread to see whats the more popular choice. price is essentially the same so lets see where this goes.
Old 05-07-14, 08:31 AM
Boost_lee
Rookie

i have a pretty tight wheel gap on my car (nothing hella flush but closeenough where i usually dont take more than 1 person for a ride along) and I had to make a 6hr trip to visit my brother. It was me, my girl, tools, welder, tanks, impact guns, and all of many other heavy belongings i jammed into the SC....I fully stiffed my BC's and didnt rub at all throughout the trip!

For anyone wondering on CX RACING COILS, I have CX racing on my is300 and quality is such a major difference. My CX racing coils have a more preload on them and at fully stiff theyre nothing even close to BC's...ride is bumpy in my IS and I bottom out my coils at certain bumps :/

Last edited by Boost_lee; 05-07-14 at 12:17 PM.