Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lowering problems

Old 04-30-14, 10:34 PM   #1
Orozco27
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

n_orozco2is
Default Lowering problems

Hey guys my friend just bought roadmagnet springs and we installed them. We matched them up to the old springs and installed them that way but now we are done and one side is tucking and the other has 2 finger gap? What could of we done wrong ? Any ideas?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Orozco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:35 AM   #2
scott1256c
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

what do you mean when you say "We matched them up to the old springs"?
They should have come with some indication if they were for the front or back. The spring rate is probably printed on them somewhere. Did you check for that and make sure the matched pairs went front back, not left right? I'm guessing you didn't look, or you didn't find any spring rate printed on them, or you wouldn't have posted. Take the wheel off and check the front and see if you find any printing on there.
scott1256c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:56 AM   #3
Orozco27
Driver

n_orozco2is

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1256c View Post
what do you mean when you say "We matched them up to the old springs"? They should have come with some indication if they were for the front or back. The spring rate is probably printed on them somewhere. Did you check for that and make sure the matched pairs went front back, not left right? I'm guessing you didn't look, or you didn't find any spring rate printed on them, or you wouldn't have posted. Take the wheel off and check the front and see if you find any printing on there.
there's no indication of any printing other then the brand
Old 05-01-14, 08:34 AM   #4
scott1256c
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

so again, what did you do to "match them up"?

I mean your original post said "what could we have done wrong" and the obvious response is "you put the fronts on the left and the rears on the right". But before I actually say that, I'd like to find out what you did to "match them up". Maybe after you tell us, the conclusion will be "you got a wrong spring". Or a bad spring.
scott1256c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 10:04 AM   #5
Orozco27
Driver

n_orozco2is

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1256c View Post
so again, what did you do to "match them up"? I mean your original post said "what could we have done wrong" and the obvious response is "you put the fronts on the left and the rears on the right". But before I actually say that, I'd like to find out what you did to "match them up". Maybe after you tell us, the conclusion will be "you got a wrong spring". Or a bad spring.
We compared the old front springs to the new ones that match up and the rears to the new ones that match up. Obviously there's going be two different sizes
Old 05-01-14, 10:04 AM