Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 07:14 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up. Help Please

Just got RSR Sport*i Coils installed on my 3IS. Love the ride and the look of the car with the drop. One problem though, when I start the car there is clicking noise from the two rear coils that last for about 1.5-2 seconds. I start the car, the dashboard and screens all begin to turn on, then the clicking happens for 2 seconds and then stops. This all occurs while the car is in park. There is no other clicking while i'm driving. Only when I start the car.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it could be?

Im thinking it must be something with the stock system. Like something is trying to activate but it is being restricted. Im going to call the shop and try and bring it in tomorrow.

Anyway, heres a few pics of the car. Had them leave 1 finger width between the tire and fender. Also, kept the raked look so the rear sits a bit higher than the front.
Attached Thumbnails RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up.  Help Please-img_2793.jpg   RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up.  Help Please-img_2796.jpg   RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up.  Help Please-img_2795.jpg   RSR Sport*I Coils Installed but Clicking on Start-Up.  Help Please-img_2794.jpg  
Old 05-05-14, 03:36 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its probably your AVS trying to re-calibrate but not finding the dampener. It happens in mine too. its not a big deal just something you'll have to deal with.
Old 05-05-14, 08:10 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by r0shiro
its probably your AVS trying to re-calibrate but not finding the dampener. It happens in mine too. its not a big deal just something you'll have to deal with.
Thats exactly what they said. I brought it back and they tightened something as much as possible and the noise is much quieter now.