Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RS*R Down Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 08:19 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RS*R Down Springs

About a month ago, I was looking into getting RS*R Down Springs for my IS250 F-Sport. I had recently put on 20" Vossen CV5 and I figured that the Down Springs would be my best choice with 20" wheels. After looking around online I noticed that RS*R's website said that they were out of stock. I figured that this was just their stock and that other websites might have them. I began to look at some sites and they said they had them. I purchased them from a company on Amazon because of the free shipping. Well, that didn't go so well. I ended up cancelling that order a week or two after. I then reordered them from another site who said they were in stock. A few days later, I got a call saying "The springs aren't in stock but they will be soon. As soon as they come in, I will ship them for you". Well, that was a little over a week ago. I emailed them 2 days ago to find out about the springs because if they won't be in for awhile, I will change my order to the Superdown Springs.
Old 04-22-14, 08:31 AM
DJ90
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from comments i have seen here, 20" vossens on superdowns are going to be problematic. So i suggest you think twice ! haha just my thoughts
Old 04-22-14, 08:44 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DJ90
from comments i have seen here, 20" vossens on superdowns are going to be problematic. So i suggest you think twice ! haha just my thoughts
Yeah, I have seen a few people say stuff about 20" with Superdowns but I have a friend who is running same setup as I am with Superdowns and he only rubs in the rear a little when he goes over bumps and steep hills.
Old 04-22-14, 09:13 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 19's and super down springs. I don't recommend super down's at all, just wait for your down springs. I have a non aggressive wheel setup and I rub in the front, the rear camber is excessive, and the suspension travel is very limited in the front. Large bumps and dips create bone jarring and dash creaking effects - it's not good. You got my $.02 worth.
Old 04-22-14, 09:17 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jaznraz
I have 19's and super down springs. I don't recommend super down's at all, just wait for your down springs. I have a non aggressive wheel setup and I rub in the front, the rear camber is excessive, and the suspension travel is very limited in the front. Large bumps and dips create bone jarring and dash creaking effects - it's not good. You got my $.02 worth.
My only thing is that I want to be low but I don't want any issues. Obviously coilovers are the answer but I don't want to spend that much money right now. They RS*R ones are $1899 and that's a lot of money. I think the Superdowns look good on 20s but like you said, you had issues with the ride. I might have to consider rolling my fenders if that is the case. I will have to wait and see what I can do and maybe people with 20s and Superdowns will comment so I can see what they say.

On another note, what size tire are you running?
Old 04-22-14, 09:49 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sternb818
My only thing is that I want to be low but I don't want any issues. Obviously coilovers are the answer but I don't want to spend that much money right now. They RS*R ones are $1899 and that's a lot of money. I think the Superdowns look good on 20s but like you said, you had issues with the ride. I might have to consider rolling my fenders if that is the case. I will have to wait and see what I can do and maybe people with 20s and Superdowns will comment so I can see what they say.

On another note, what size tire are you running?
Here are some links that show my setup.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...a-350-rwd.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...wered-3is.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-of-info.html

The fenders are already rolled from the factory, the only thing you can do is pull them.

I don't know of anyone on here that is running 20's and super downs. KJ from Vossen turned me onto a guy that is running them, but he is on the 20x10 CV3's, not the 10.5's that you have.

The J5 coilovers are being introduced currently for $1350, that's a steal for 7075 aluminum alloy coilovers.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-coilover.html

J5 is also releasing a coilover that will allow the use of the AVS system.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...uspension.html

I would suggest that you get down's or save some money for coilovers.
Old 04-22-14, 12:48 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jaznraz
Here are some links that show my setup.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...a-350-rwd.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...wered-3is.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-of-info.html

The fenders are already rolled from the factory, the only thing you can do is pull them.

I don't know of anyone on here that is running 20's and super downs. KJ from Vossen turned me onto a guy that is running them, but he is on the 20x10 CV3's, not the 10.5's that you have.

The J5 coilovers are being introduced currently for $1350, that's a steal for 7075 aluminum alloy coilovers.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-coilover.html

J5 is also releasing a coilover that will allow the use of the AVS system.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...uspension.html

I would suggest that you get down's or save some money for coilovers.
Yeah I talked to Kevin and he said that Superdowns will be fine since I am running 225/30/20 in the front and 255/30/20 in the rear.
Old 04-25-14, 07:46 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Update: Spoke to the guy from the company I ordered my springs from. He called RS*R while I was on hold and they said that they don't know what's up (great answer, right?) and he thinks it might have to do with customs. He told me that they should be in either this coming week or the week after.

On another note, I spoke to some people about the superdowns. I haven't been able to find someone with the same setup as I have on the forums so that is why I got mixed responses. A friend of mine just sold his wheels and springs so I figured I would ask him. He has the same setup as me except different wheel model and tire brand which is no big deal. He was running:

20x9 Front with 38 offset and 225/30/20
20x10.5 Rear with 45 offset and 255/30/20
RS*R Superdown Springs.

I have the same offset, wheel size, and tire size as him and he said no rubbing issues at all. He also stated that he had 4 people in the car and still no rubbing. Only thing he told me, which I had in mind already, was to take speed bumps slow. I am really considering going with the superdowns as it is only $30 more which isn't a lot to be honest. Also, I would be getting them sooner than I would waiting for the down springs. I'm 90% sure I am going to order them instead but I have till monday for someone with a similar setup to prove me wrong on what I have stated.
Old 05-16-14, 02:57 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

FYI - I just picked up a set of RS*R Down Springs from their office in SoCal. I believe they can also ship it to you.
Old 05-16-14, 11:20 PM
fiendskill
Rookie

Mine just got shipped and ordered a month and a half ago. Just like original post, all sites said they had in stock but come to find out were not. Bet they just didn't update so you can just order it.
Old 05-17-14, 08:20 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fiendskill
Mine just got shipped and ordered a month and a half ago. Just like original post, all sites said they had in stock but come to find out were not. Bet they just didn't update so you can just order it.
Mine should be here next week.
Old 05-19-14, 07:48 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sternb818
Update: Spoke to the guy from the company I ordered my springs from. He called RS*R while I was on hold and they said that they don't know what's up (great answer, right?) and he thinks it might have to do with customs. He told me that they should be in either this coming week or the week after.

On another note, I spoke to some people about the superdowns. I haven't been able to find someone with the same setup as I have on the forums so that is why I got mixed responses. A friend of mine just sold his wheels and springs so I figured I would ask him. He has the same setup as me except different wheel model and tire brand which is no big deal. He was running:

20x9 Front with 38 offset and 225/30/20
20x10.5 Rear with 45 offset and 255/30/20
RS*R Superdown Springs.

I have the same offset, wheel size, and tire size as him and he said no rubbing issues at all. He also stated that he had 4 people in the car and still no rubbing. Only thing he told me, which I had in mind already, was to take speed bumps slow. I am really considering going with the superdowns as it is only $30 more which isn't a lot to be honest. Also, I would be getting them sooner than I would waiting for the down springs. I'm 90% sure I am going to order them instead but I have till monday for someone with a similar setup to prove me wrong on what I have stated.
tire brand is a big concern for rubbing or not rubbing
Old 05-22-14, 08:12 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Superdowns are awesome IMO but you just need to be careful around dips and bumps cause you will rub or scrape over those