Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

anyone try these Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 07:51 PM
btp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone try these Coilovers?

bored looking at coilovers and trying to find the right ones it seems like I am trying to spend about 800 to 900 that my budget I saw these wonder if anyone has used this brand its a Japanese company never heard of them tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SPORT-91-00-SC300-SC400-32-WAY-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-DAMPER-COILOVERS-SYSTEM-/110998996073?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASC300&hash=item19d80e4469&vxp=mtr
Old 04-14-14, 07:57 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for the same price, just go megan or pay $200 more and go with bcracing, pbm, tein, or stance

tried and true > ebay popup
Old 04-14-14, 08:01 PM
btp
Driver School Candidate

yeah that's what I was thinking it looks like I am gonna go with bc racing looks like the best for the price.
Old 04-14-14, 08:03 PM
btp
Driver School Candidate

but pbms are what I really want haha might just say **** it and go pbm
Old 04-14-14, 08:47 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or just go kw lol
Old 04-14-14, 09:30 PM
btp
Driver School Candidate

kw way to expensive lol
Old 04-15-14, 09:02 AM
ArkLaTexSC
Pole Position

My D2's cost $950 shipped (discounted from like $1400, but seems like it always is.)

Great look, easy install, easy adjustment. The firmness adjustment actually does a lot - very noticeable difference in ride quality / suspension travel. At most firm, there is little to zero body roll. Highly recommend. They actually compete (as a company) and win many racing events, unlike most low-cost coil producers.

Edit: Looking at their website, they produce all types of coils, even up to highest-tier. Wow.

Last edited by ArkLaTexSC; 04-15-14 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-15-14, 10:55 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

i have megan racing EZ street coilovers. feel great, easy to adjust and were installed in the car already. look great too. i think they're like 800.
Old 04-16-14, 08:50 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kw's don't have adjustable lower mount, so you have to droop the springs/limit shock travel in order to go lower. At the proper right height tho I imagine they are phenomenal.
Old 04-19-14, 02:54 PM
toyoboy120
Rookie

I have BC's and they go plenty low and ride fairly nice. and only cost $999 shipped. There is also a super low set you can buy that is supposed to be crazy low, I have the standards and they go way lower then I would want the car
Old 04-20-14, 08:45 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

The question for what coils you want is what you plan to do w/ the car? Altho I agree that tried and true products are better than most of the emusa and what not coils found on ebay most coils have different "specialties".

Below is kind of a grouping on SOME coils (a quick generalization of brands based on price/performance imo) :

-Tein basics, megan, bc etc will give you the lowered ride feel and look w/o breaking the budget.
- The mid range (PBM, fortune auto, HKS, fortune auto, somes stance etc.)
- PBM are awesome for a rock hard ride when you're slammed to the ground.
-Then there's the real higher end coils that work very well for what they're designed but are extremly pricey compared to the lower end (cusco, zeal, high end tein w/ active edfc, kw v3, etc.)

The biggest thing is don't rush into buying coils because you want to lower your car. It's a large investment and just make sure you only need to make the purchase once on what you really want.
Old 04-24-14, 04:37 AM
btp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 3L4jzz31
The question for what coils you want is what you plan to do w/ the car? Altho I agree that tried and true products are better than most of the emusa and what not coils found on ebay most coils have different "specialties".

Below is kind of a grouping on SOME coils (a quick generalization of brands based on price/performance imo) :

-Tein basics, megan, bc etc will give you the lowered ride feel and look w/o breaking the budget.
- The mid range (PBM, fortune auto, HKS, fortune auto, somes stance etc.)
- PBM are awesome for a rock hard ride when you're slammed to the ground.
-Then there's the real higher end coils that work very well for what they're designed but are extremly pricey compared to the lower end (cusco, zeal, high end tein w/ active edfc, kw v3, etc.)

The biggest thing is don't rush into buying coils because you want to lower your car. It's a large investment and just make sure you only need to make the purchase once on what you really want.
Thanks for the insight... I want to lower my car as much as possible Not slammed but pretty close ...not trying to drift or anything prolly get some aggressive wheels 18 *9.5 or 9 would be fine a clean street car is all I want really but yeah we'll see what I will do here soon.
Old 04-24-14, 10:12 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idk if you saw the CXracing coils. i have those and they have been reliable so far. only thing i would advise is to get the stiffer spring rate. But for daily driving they serve their purpose.
Old 04-24-14, 07:15 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ISC is pretty good. i'm buying some next week at 775 shipped.
Old 04-25-14, 08:29 PM
EasyE1
Driver School Candidate

I'm going with Ksport on my 92 sc300. About 1k list. But I get a discount.

Quick Reply: anyone try these Coilovers?