F Sport AVS suspension - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

F Sport AVS suspension

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-14, 11:04 AM   #1
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default F Sport AVS suspension

Out of all the CL members with Lexus IS Fsport RWD and AWD w/ AVS

We want to know who has sacrificed AVS to run coilover and who is running lowering springs to keep the AVS functional.

We are currently in development of AVS compatible coilover system and will be released this month and would like to get some feed back if the Fsport owners with AVS. really use the system. or dont care too much about it.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 11:42 AM   #2
jaznraz
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
jaznraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 158
Default

Aftermarket coilovers that can accept the AVS system would be awesome in my opinion. The AVS is a great system that's already on the car.....it would be a shame not to use it.
jaznraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 12:00 PM   #3
ethotie525
Driver School Candidate
 
ethotie525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaznraz View Post
Aftermarket coilovers that can accept the AVS system would be awesome in my opinion. The AVS is a great system that's already on the car.....it would be a shame not to use it.
ethotie525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 12:55 PM   #4
keveng15
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 19
Default

I for one is definitely waiting for a coilover system that can utilize the AVS system. depending on the price of course.
Wouldn't pay a huge premium for AVS since standard coilover = driving on stiff suspension full time... which may not be a bad idea anyways.
keveng15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 01:25 PM   #5
aTeAse
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 543
Default

I think with the tech involved avs, it may be a little pricey...May even be close to Tein EDFC prices++
aTeAse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 04:19 PM   #6
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keveng15 View Post
I for one is definitely waiting for a coilover system that can utilize the AVS system. depending on the price of course.
Wouldn't pay a huge premium for AVS since standard coilover = driving on stiff suspension full time... which may not be a bad idea anyways.
We dont plan on raising the price. just because little more engineering was involved with modifications.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 04:23 PM   #7
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTeAse View Post
I think with the tech involved avs, it may be a little pricey...May even be close to Tein EDFC prices++
We are going to make it as simple as possible so you can utilize the AVS system. our set will basically fit right on to the AVS module itself. We are currently fine tuning it so it wont cause any stress to the motor as regular dampening is a bit stiff.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 07:45 PM   #8
Timmah
Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HTX
Posts: 111
Default

I was just going to go with Springs for the time being but if this is coming out soon I may hold off. BY soon I mean before my son gets here.
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 10:16 AM   #9
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
I was just going to go with Springs for the time being but if this is coming out soon I may hold off. BY soon I mean before my son gets here.
Hope we can get this released before your son comes back
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 12:03 PM   #10
viNz86
Rookie
 
viNz86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BC
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5usa View Post
Out of all the CL members with Lexus IS Fsport RWD and AWD w/ AVS

We want to know who has sacrificed AVS to run coilover and who is running lowering springs to keep the AVS functional.

We are currently in development of AVS compatible coilover system and will be released this month and would like to get some feed back if the Fsport owners with AVS. really use the system. or dont care too much about it.
I only run coilovers on my cars, but this was an unusual case. I have never owned a car with adaptive suspension so I opted for springs to retain this feature.

I'm all for this
viNz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 12:34 PM   #11
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viNz86 View Post
I only run coilovers on my cars, but this was an unusual case. I have never owned a car with adaptive suspension so I opted for springs to retain this feature.

I'm all for this
Thank you for your input
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 01:23 PM   #12
Timmah
Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HTX
Posts: 111
Default

do you have any idea of a possible eta?
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 02:01 PM   #13
J5usa
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
do you have any idea of a possible eta?
We are estimated to finish up end of the month.
J5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 02:30 PM   #14
Timmah
Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HTX
Posts: 111
Default

Cool. my son wont be born till later on this year.
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 06:25 PM   #15
RWDrift0
Driver School Candidate
 
RWDrift0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5usa View Post
We are estimated to finish up end of the month.
I will buy this if the price is right and there are some documented before and afters to ensure this isn't going to degrade the performance from the stock setup.
RWDrift0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J5 AVS compatible coilover J5usa Suspension 48 10-06-15 05:02 PM
Any lights will go on after changing coliovers? wcwayne Suspension and Brakes 4 01-18-15 07:05 PM
J5 SUSPENSION factory AVS compatible coilover J5usa Club Lexus Vendor Product Announcements 0 09-11-14 02:46 PM
FIRST POST - Got a question about AVS and Coilovers nammerzz Suspension and Brakes 2 06-13-14 05:31 PM
IS250 AWD Fsport AVS HeMan26 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 2 05-20-14 07:18 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved