Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

installing coilovers on IS250, need help with what alignment components i need

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 06:58 AM
chorizo23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels

Hey does someone knows what kind of wheel are they thanks and size
Old 01-28-15, 07:01 AM
chorizo23
Driver School Candidate

Default wheels

What kind of wheels are they and size on that pic thanks
Old 06-07-19, 12:38 PM
Jdmmoi
5th Gear

Originally Posted by LEX250SC
Im putting coilovers on my lexus is250 and plan on lowering the car about 3-3.5 inches to eliminate any wheel gap so it will be nearly tucked or maybe even tucking. What are all the alignment related components i should need to properly align the car if i plan onj lowering it that much?
I lowered my car on truhart coilovers recently it rides good but I get this weird noise like a blown strut sound noise after installing them if I go on a uneven road way or filled in pot holes on freeway it rides good and can’t hear any noise it’s at lower speeds idk if it’s because I haven’t aligned anything yet or what it could be all my ball joints seem to still be in good condition and intact. Has anyone had this issue
Old 03-06-22, 05:33 AM
AggyIMB
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yoo u ever find the problem? also what size tires you have on the stock wheels?
The following users liked this post:
MrHarris (03-10-22)
Old 03-15-22, 08:50 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
What about the front?
I will look into purchasing rear mega arms from figs...

I can't seem to find any front camber arms for the awd is250
i have the Figs IS-F Front Upper Control Arms (F-UCA) track spec on my IS250. I’ve had them for like 50k miles and have had no issues whatsoever. They use spherical rod end/ball bearing type of connections and replaces the OEM rubber type bushing format. The ride is harsher but the steering response is instant and makes the cars steering feel like not a lexus, but in a good way. I do also have a 2012 is-f steering wheel ecu + damper and both ultra racing steering rack under braces — all each individually enhance the steering feel and response latency feel.

Regardless of what mods you have, if you plan on keeping the car, I wouldn’t hesitate to look into figs upper control arm solutions. If you call them or email them, they may even be able to provide you a “street spec” solution. I am just guessing but their capabilities to tailor any lexus suspension part for a customer from what I’ve seen is seemingly limitless. They and ultra racing are the only companies that make lexus products that actually respond to customer service type questions post sale in my experience — something I find more important than ever in the current times we are living in.