Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Creaking Noise from rear. Need immediate help finding bushing

Old 03-26-14, 10:00 AM
sum12nv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creaking Noise from rear. Need immediate help finding bushing

Hi guys, my wife drives a 2009 IS250 AWD and all winter we've been having this horrible creaking noise coming from the rear end when the suspension moves. Finally took it in and the mechanics diagnosed the problem as rusty lowering springs. We had the road magnet springs on it and they showed me wear the powder coat had chipped off and it was all rusty metal on metal. So put the stock springs back on it and drove home. Well the noise is still there. Took it back in and they are now saying its the bushing on the knuckle. Now I hoped on the forums the other day and was reading old threads about this issue and I remember seeing somewhere where someone found a replacement bushing off a Australian model that you can use in its place. The issue is Lexus does not sell the bushing without the knuckle and its like a $400 item UGH!!

Could anyone help please? Car is in the shop now and I need to let them know either to order the knuckle or that I can get this bushing.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-14, 11:07 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Which bushing is it that is causing the problem? I don't know anything about an Australian knuckle that will help, but it is true that many bushings are not available from the dealer without buying the complete suspension arm/knuckle. Check http://is.sewellparts.com/ for OEM parts (log in with your Club Lexus username for a discount) or you can find very high quality aftermarket bushings from www.shopfigs.com. The bushings from Figs are made in Australia, maybe that is where the connection is??
Old 03-26-14, 12:44 PM
sum12nv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe so. I think I finally located the thread I was referring to and it was under the ES model section not the IS model. So I might be SOL. I'm not exactly sure which knuckle.