Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Excessive Popping from Rear Strut, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 01:21 PM
Downtuned
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excessive Popping from Rear Strut, please help!

Hello, I am looking for some help with a very particular issue with my strut. I recently DIY swapped my stock springs out with H&R's. I have noticed a lot of popping coming from my rear passenger side, about 1 or 2 loud pops every 2 min, especially when I am turning. It is a 2006 RWD IS250. I feel like I might not have installed the top portion of my strut cap correctly (possibly a gap between my spring and the groove where it its in my strut cap?). It also may be where the strut cap nut might not have been lined up perfectly, if anyone knows what I am talking about, since the nut is more of a rectangular fit than a circular fit.

I know it would be hard to help diagnose without hearing the sound, but does ANYONE know what the issue might be? basically it pops when I am going slow, turning, and sometimes when I go over bumps.
Old 04-01-14, 11:44 AM
massaker
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtuned
Hello, I am looking for some help with a very particular issue with my strut. I recently DIY swapped my stock springs out with H&R's. I have noticed a lot of popping coming from my rear passenger side, about 1 or 2 loud pops every 2 min, especially when I am turning. It is a 2006 RWD IS250. I feel like I might not have installed the top portion of my strut cap correctly (possibly a gap between my spring and the groove where it its in my strut cap?). It also may be where the strut cap nut might not have been lined up perfectly, if anyone knows what I am talking about, since the nut is more of a rectangular fit than a circular fit.

I know it would be hard to help diagnose without hearing the sound, but does ANYONE know what the issue might be? basically it pops when I am going slow, turning, and sometimes when I go over bumps.
I would guess its the same thing most people get the popping sound on the passenger rear if u buy the Tein Rubber isolators and put them between your dead springs it should keep them from slapping together and making that sound. Do a search you will find info on it. Hope that helps its worth a try they are inexpensive