Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

left rear lower control arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-14, 11:58 AM
gstreee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question left rear lower control arm

i went to a mechanic to diagnose my left rear squeaking problem. I should have taken a pic while the car was on the lift but anyways they said my lower control arm bushing need replacement as well as the bushing on the "lower control bar"? as well as the lower control bar itself..... a bar right next to the control arm. is that the right term for that part or is it something else. i want to buy the part on rock auto and im kinda lost. so what i need is two bushings and that "bar" part. its not the lower control arm but its a long bar right next to it. do they use the same bushing too?

Last edited by gstreee; 03-07-14 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-08-14, 06:17 PM
98SupraNAT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I've been lurking for a while now and decided to register to give you a bump. I've got a squeaking problem as well that's probably much like yours. I'm not sure what the second arm is called. I've heard trailing arm as well as three or four other names for it.

1) The bushing for the "who knows what" bar/arm you're mentioning is the ADUS 690.
There are other manufacturers of it, but the ADUS 690 (two of them) is what I ordered.
Ebay- $62.75 for two of them (Free Shipping)
Seller- "armstrongdistributors"
You can just search eBay for "ADUS 690" and use whichever seller you'd like.

2) The Lower Control Arm bushing is actually a bearing.
These are few and far between to find, or I wasn't having any luck.... Here's what I bought..
Ebay- $46.US each (x2 = $92.US) "Toyota Altezza Wheel Hub Stub Axle Bush"
Seller- "saxacarparts"
Search for that seller and you'll get a visual of what you need. Or just order from him.

Total, I spent $154.75 for all four pieces. And I had to buy a bushing/gear style puller ($8 at OReilly)

They're supposed to come in on Tuesday and if I have a chance, I'll update. Unfortunately I work a lot and also have to do sway bar end links, brakes, upper control arm bushings, ball joints, and a couple of other things. I got my car for $1700, so can't complain!

PS!!!!! If you're reading this and don't know when your ball joints were replaced, replace them ASAP. You're a potential danger to yourself and other drivers! I checked mine today and they're trashed. Weren't making much noise, but my wheels can move 2 inches without the springs/dampers moving at all. I know it's like opening your electric bill... You don't want to know the damage, but ignoring it will make it worse!

Take care,
Tim